The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] Hero of Etheria World Options Crash

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Apocryphal
Squire
Squire
Apocryphal

[FIXED] Hero of Etheria World Options Crash Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] Hero of Etheria World Options Crash   [FIXED] Hero of Etheria World Options Crash I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 1:08 pm

Hi,

I can't tell if this is a my computer thing or if it's the mod.

I have a state of affairs where clicking the world options button in Hero of Etheria crashes to desktop and generates a gigabyte of crash report. I have found a "fix" in deleting the settings folder in Documents/The Protectors but I figure I should report it in case it's not just me, with a bit of figuring out I managed to get it down to a science.

To reproduce: From a clean install, navigate into Hero of Etheria with any hero, open the options --> world options menu and set either random interactions or random events to on. Then start any mission. Save the game and quit to desktop. Restart the game, navigate back to Hero of Etheria, open options and then try to open the world options menu. The game will now CTD and the crash dump generated seems abnormally large.

I do hope it's just my system.

Edit: Worse, user error, player unable to read pinned forum posts about which included version of the WBC3 campaign to play. Issue does not occur in Fifth Horseman once properly installed. Bake em away toys.

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:07 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : A voyage of self-discovery through the stickied forum posts leads me to believe that this isn't a problem that needs to be worried about.)
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

[FIXED] Hero of Etheria World Options Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Hero of Etheria World Options Crash   [FIXED] Hero of Etheria World Options Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 3:05 am

I'll mark this as fixed. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com

[FIXED] Hero of Etheria World Options Crash
Page 1 of 1