The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Elves crash the game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serilius Dark
Squire
Squire
Serilius Dark

Dark Elves crash the game Empty
PostSubject: Dark Elves crash the game   Dark Elves crash the game I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 3:49 am

There is something really wrong with dark elves.
For example, I created dark elf ice mage (Iron man mode) and started Hero of Etheria campaign. After first mission game crashed after video.
To test whether that was mode's problem, I created dark elf venomancer on normal mode. Well, game didn't crash, but after video all sounds were replaced by some weird noises. Next battle with High Elven Ice mage ended weirdly - after scripted cutscene battle did not end, and nothing happened.
So I noticed one thing - if there is a cutscene after a mission, dark elf has quite a chance to crash a game if he/she is leveled up. I'll test other character later to solve the riddle.

By the way, in 0.8.8b as wood elf-warlock I caught a strange glitch in a World conquest campaign. I could build or research anything, if I have access to that stuff, cost meant nothing at all - just as if I played as CPU AI. But in skirmishes game worked properly with the same character.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Dark Elves crash the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves crash the game   Dark Elves crash the game I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2022 2:42 am

Latest version is 0.8.9b.

CAMPAIGN KEEP LEVEL RESTRICTIONS

When playing any of the campaigns or chapters in TPC, your max keep level starts at just 1 and the rest need to be "unlocked" via researching them on the world map. This requires crowns to do and also takes time to complete. You'll need to do this for every faction of every race.

Crown cost: Crowns are a currency mostly associated with the campaign, but can be used and obtained in scenarios these days. (Buying / selling hero items, bribing / completing quests etc..) As you'll need crowns to pay for the researching of your max keep levels, newly created heroes won't be able to unlock them all right off the bat and so will first need to gather crowns either by playing skirmish games or finding them in the campaign.

You can also send your retinue members to search for crowns while you play through the campaign to speed things along. When on the world map, click the "menu" button and then "retinue tasks" to do this.

Research time: The time it takes to complete a keep level unlock is based on campaign days. Many actions when on the campaign map will count as a day (sometimes more!) and these will increment the research progress of your keep level. But at every location on the map, you can choose the "wait" action which can be used to simply wait out the research time by doing nothing.

Your hero's intelligence stat also influences the research time. The higher their intelligence, the faster the research will be completed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com

Dark Elves crash the game
Page 1 of 1