The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TokiB
Squire
Squire
TokiB

[FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 2:22 am

Been playing the original campaign as wood elves and whenever I use treants or ancient treants in other than standing around as decoration the game crashes. Also when I try to summon treants it sometimes crashes aswell as a wood elf druid.
On a sidenote the first lost city quest in original campaign crashes when the last orc player is about to lose.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 3:18 am

TokiB wrote:
Been playing the original campaign as wood elves and whenever I use treants or ancient treants in other than standing around as decoration the game crashes. Also when I try to summon treants it sometimes crashes aswell as a wood elf druid.
On a sidenote the first lost city quest in original campaign crashes when the last orc player is about to lose.

If you had barbarians on the map, that should probably explain it (fixed for 0.8.6, try avoiding play against or with the barbarian race)
Back to top Go down
TokiB
Squire
Squire
TokiB

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 4:00 am

No barbarians at all, it happens pretty much everywhere. First time I used them was vs. the empire.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 5:54 am

hmm... scratch
what do you do with them? build, attack? I can't reproduce this.
are you experiencing this random crashes with other races (besides wood elves)?

what are your hero's "settings"? (perks, classes, skills).

I can tell 0.8.6 is very stable and we usually don't let any race behind, that's why i'm asking.
Back to top Go down
TokiB
Squire
Squire
TokiB

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 7:12 am

I try to attack with them and then it just happens.
Hero is wood elf druid, level 16, stats are 6-9-12-10, skills are 5 in nature magic, lore, e. lore, ritual and rune, 4 in oak and lastly 1 in forest lord, no perks, no proficiency.

Update: Did some testing on the repeatable rift mission and the bug just didnt appear once, not even for my elf hero. Neutral
Maybe it only happens on that one specific map for some other reasons then.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 5:21 pm

It might be a wbc3 campaign bug (not racial related, I think).
I  saw crashes on the world map when ambushed for instance. But the wood Elves work fine within the skirmishes. I'm taking an eye on it (I will see if this happens with the Esgaleth chapter, the wood elf chapter. I'm not sure what this is, but I'll try to reproduce. Sounds something external, not related to the hero itself, but I could be wrong of course).

If you find this random crashes with other heroes, in the referred map, please return here. Looks highly probable for me.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 2:45 am

Which maps are causing this bug? Is it just the Rift map?
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
TokiB
Squire
Squire
TokiB

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 4:15 am

Nah it was that ssrathi quest where ye have to fight 2 empire invaders.

Also there are some maps in the campaign which somehow cause the white tree to be untargetable/unselectable.

Oh and the crash is indeed map issue, has nothing to do with wood elves.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 11:00 am

I believe I've experienced this as well but had no idea what could be causing it. Chances are it could've been fixed already in 0.8.6. Possibly a problem with the AI heroes breaking? Something to do with them garrisoning in towers?
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 8:37 pm

AI heroes only garrison in towers in 0.8.6
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 7:49 am

I guess this means I'm going to have to befriend Wood Elves then during my current campaign play through.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 10:32 pm

no one could reproduce this bug.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:50 pm

It's fixed in 0.8.6. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves   [FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Random crash with Wood Elves
Page 1 of 1