The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 Empty
PostSubject: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 12:53 am

Hi.

I have a Problem with this Mod. On every Session this game Crash to
desktop. Can't play with my Girlfriend on Lan or Internet and Singleplayer
the Game crashes too.
Only Classic Campaign works a lot.

System: Windows 7
Compatibility Setting: Windows XP SP2
Admin: Activated

What can i do? Upgrade System to Windows 10?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 2:12 am

What are your hero's specs? Have you been playing with just one hero?
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 3:10 am

Me
Undead: Assassin
Ssrathi: Archmage
Dark Elf: Death Knight

Girlfriend
Undead: Necro
Minotaur: Warrior
Dwarf: Runemaster

Only played with Costum Maps from WBC3 Original.
And one Levelmap (Many Creature Dwellings) created
under Protectors 8.6

Last edited by Aschrakor on Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 3:11 am

How long are your games going on for before they crash?
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 3:12 am

~10 Minutes
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 3:16 am

Now Testing Random Generated map with New Heroes..

Be right Back^^

/edit... Random Map without AI works fine but if someone Resign=Crash
Now Test with AI and without Resign!
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:52 am

So you are experiencing crashes, not only a few minutes into the game but also upon an opponent's defeat (resigns)? This seems too unstable, even for WBC3.

You did do a clean install, right? (deleted any older version of The Protectors before installing this one)

Try playing around with the compatibility options and see if you find another one that works best for you.

Oh and what resolution do you have the game set at?

Final thought - in the The Protectors folder in My Documents, there should be a .txt file titled Startup. Could you post that here after your next crash?
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:43 am

The quitting Player has a Crash.
My Girlfriend and me played without AI over 30 Min and she klick Resign and had a Crash. And a Test with AI on a Random Map works over 10 minutes too... Tomorrow we start more Tests and i will send the Textfile. But looks like a Costum Map problem!

8.6 was my first Install of this Mod. After Crashes and the Problem with Levling(Level Skip if Hero get Level up in Fight) i test 8.5 but it crashes too.
the only Folder that i not deleted ist Scenario, because all my Costum Maps.
Resolution... 1280x1024.

Finally a Question. Costum maps in Install Folder "Scenario" or Dokuments Folder "Scenario"?
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 12:55 pm

Next Kick!!!

Mode: Singleplayer
Map: Costum Leveling (Many Creature Dwellings)
Race/Hero: Ssrathi Archmage
Played Time: ~20min
What I could observe: Many little lags if i Research/Upgrade or Forming Units.
These lags did not exist at Dark dwarf on same Map!

Here the Startup.txt:

some Informations are not True.
Here a Pic from my System:
Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 Unbena10
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:12 am

The untrue stuff is due to the compatibility settings so don't pay too much attention to them.

When testing the game, try to focus on single player game and traditional battles at that, as multiplayer has it's own bugs and leveling maps can push the game too far in regards to workload (depending on how the map was made) so they need to be made with care in The Protectors since there no longer is a limit to the amount of units that can be produced throughout the course of the game.

(In the original game there was a limit that stopped the game reaching such extreme memory usage that would have crashed it - this was "improved" for The Protectors and thus the limit was removed as the game wouldn't normally be able to reach such extremes that would make it become unstable, allowing bigger battles without the fear of a crash or limitation under normal circumstances. But of course, through the use of unit spawning events and the like, you can still make "abnormal" battles that stress the game beyond even the new improved state.)
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:23 am

The Game crash every Time... Now Tested Multiplayer Random Map with new Heroes, the Enemy Defeat me, i leave the Game without Resign and Crash...
I don't have so much Crashes in WBC3 Original. 
And only Singleplayer? Thats not interesting for me. I Play the most Time Multiplayer, because Fun!

I think it is better to wait... Weeks? Month? More? Don't know...
I have no desire to continue... Game over Game, Day over Day and Test over Test Crash Crash Crash!!! Only Campaign is a bit stable!!!
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 5:22 am

Well it is a beta... Weird that it actually works with no crashes on our systems though. I'm thinking it's definitely some sort of OS compatibility problems.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 5:41 am

Aschrakor wrote:
The Game crash every Time...

It's kind of strange you say that, because we tested hundreds of hours before release.
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 5:49 am

Zetoo wrote:
Aschrakor wrote:
The Game crash every Time...

It's kind of strange you say that, because we tested hundreds of hours before release.

The Game crash every time... This is a purely subjective determination. 
Subjektive=me and my Girlfriend Wink
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 6:14 am

I hope you find a solution because TPC desires your (both of you) presence.
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 12:01 pm

I Upgrade my System to Windows 10, Deinstall Protectors with Revo Uninstaller und reinstall 8.6... Play and Crash!!! 
Chose only 1 Core für Protectors... Crash!!
Downgrade Windows 10 to 7 Chose 1 Core... Crash!!!

I think it's better to wait for Patch and test again!!!
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 9:00 pm

Aschrakor wrote:
Compatibility Setting: Windows XP SP2
Try others. For my brother the game crashes with XP SP2 as well.
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 10:20 pm

SP 1,2 or 3
Vista
Windows 7
All Crash...

I do not test all Settings but i will wait for the next Patch.... Stupid Levelbug Wink

/edit... if there a way to Play in Wondowmode? Not Fullscreen!
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 11:21 pm

3 more things to try:

1. Change the in-game resolution and see if that makes things more stable.
2. If resolution made no difference, go into your AMD Catalyst Control Center options for your graphics card and make a profile for WBC3 with pretty much all of the fancy options disabled.
3. If the above still don't work, re-download The Protectors as a file may have become corrupt upon downloading.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:44 am

Aschrakor wrote:
SP 1,2 or 3 All Crash...
And if Kharn's suggestions also fail: If you and your girl have the same version and if you installed The Protectors in separated folder, without replacing any WBC3 files (TPC is stand alone), then it should work. I know at least 3 guys playing TPC 0.8.6 multiplayer (outside dev team), windows 10 and high res and they played single player for 4-5hours non stop without any crash whatsoever. Multiplayer matches also work for them (1 hour, 1 and half hour).

Have you considered your custom maps? Are you sure they are supported by TPC (or do they have too many troops, etc)? Have you played with the provided maps instead?

Aschrakor wrote:
if there a way to Play in Wondowmode? Not Fullscreen!
That's a work in progress, as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 2:44 am

Kharn wrote:

2. If resolution made no difference, go into your AMD Catalyst Control Center options for your graphics card and make a profile for WBC3 with pretty much all of the fancy options disabled.
Is there a Tutorial? I Don't know enough about CCC^^

Zetoo wrote:
 If you and your girl have the same version and if you installed The Protectors in separated folder, without replacing any WBC3 files (TPC is stand alone), then it should work.
Yes we installed Protectors in a separate Folder on Same Partition!

Zetoo wrote:
Have you considered your custom maps? Are you sure they are supported by TPC (or do they have too many troops, etc)? Have you played with the provided maps instead?
No we don't play the provided maps. We play Costum or Random. And we don't know are they supportet by Protectors. And yes 2 of my Costum Maps have many Creature Dwellings. But the Random maps Crash too... Latest if the Game over
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 4:14 am

Old maps are no longer supported by TPC 0.8.6 (particularly the ones with item chests on it).
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 4:19 am

Aschrakor wrote:

Is there a Tutorial? I Don't know enough about CCC^^

Simply right click on your desktop and AMD Catalyst Control Center should be listed (at the top of the list for me). Click that to open it and choose the Gaming tab on the left side, followed by 3D Application Settings. On the new window that's opened, click "Add" under the Application Settings (which is under System Settings) and browse your computer for The Protectors.exe.
That should now add The Protectors to a list below those headings. Click The Protectors on that list and now you can change the settings on the right hand side to only apply to The Protectors (and not to any other games). Try disabling everything that gives you the option to do so and use "application settings" also where applicable.
Back to top Go down
Aschrakor
Lord
Lord
Aschrakor

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 7:41 am

Premiere...
I Played a provided map on Singleplayer, with 1024x768 
and the proposed CCC settings and Windows 98/ME compatibility. I Played 1 Hour and no Crash. I finished the Map as Winner and no Crash... 

Time to test Multiplayer and higher Resolution... but pls... pls fix
this Level Bug faster. Started with level 2, gain 5 level ingame and had Level 11 after win but only 25 Skillpoints -.-
Back to top Go down
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 10:57 am

Don't worry, in these days a fix for the leveling bug will be online. Good to know you seem to have resolved the problem!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6   Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Crash Multi and Single Player 8.6
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next