The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mutagen

[FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen   [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 11:39 am

Hi all--
For me the game crashes whenever I enter the Options screen in the Campaign.  

Looking promising otherwise!
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen   [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 pm

I am unable to reproduce this bug. Please give more details.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
MarcoV_GnG
Squire
Squire
MarcoV_GnG

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen   [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 2:52 am

Hello ,

In a first time, thanks a lot for your work!!
This game even 10 years old stay a great game and you really work fine on this way.

I've the same problem as Mutagen i'll try to be a little more accurate;

When on campaign mode, when you have the worldmap with each location you can travel, if you try to enter in the option menu, the game crash. You are able to modify option in the main menu, but not at this point.
This problem occur personnaly cause my storyline was breack (i open my inventory when i was in a in-game cutscene at the second scenario,the game crashed and when i want to continue the campaign, a message tell me that the campaign is over ... and what about the 88 other scenario ?!), so i wanna reset the campaign ... no way, it crash just when the windows open, i just have the time to read reset campaign whithout any possibility to interact with.

I m playing on a recent gamer laptop, all my driver are updated, i ve windows 7 64x.
I launch TPC 0.83 with windows XP SP2 compatibilty and in a 1920*1080 résolution.
WBC3 vanilla is installed and in 1.03.24
It's the only problem i've seen after 10 hours of gameplay.
I'm ok to give you dxdiag report or everything you need to solve this problem.

finaly, another lot of thanks, i was nostalgic of WBC3 and with your high résolution setting and all your feature, you make me really happy. I really hope you can help me !

please apologize my poor english, it's not my langage.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen   [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:12 am

An obvious work-around for now would be to delete your saved games directory - in this case, the campaign will reset automatically. I have a "feeling" that the bug is caused by high resolution settings, so turning that off in the skirmish options MIGHT also work. It's not an easy bug to reproduce, but I'll do my best to fix it in the next versions. Thanks for the report!

P.S. Oh the 88 scenarios done include all of the chapters (not released) and some minor parts of the main campaign. In beta 0.8.3, only a few of those are available. Still, with the current release you can reach the end of the campaign in 9 different ways if you're mortal (Dragon's Maze start) and only 3 ways if you're "monstrous" (The Wastes start) - but with more possibilities to win every scenario.
Back to top Go down
MarcoV_GnG
Squire
Squire
MarcoV_GnG

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen   [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:49 am

hey Patrick,

thanks for your answer!

i changed résolution ingame and for my desktop 3 times:
800*600 one of them (2 try) and both (1 try), it doesn t work, crash occur again when opening option in worldmap view...I changed ingame résolution in main menu option and in skirmish windows.

i ll try to delete my save game folder, i hope to keep my character, this moment would be a great stress time Wink.

concerning my words :"... and what about the 88 other scenario ?!" This wasn t any criticism, just a picture of my reaction when i realized that my story-line was broken.
I just play very few scenario, but as i ve seen, they seem's have a real quality!

This isn't a speech to force you to work on my problem, but a humble and sincere cheer and thanks for the resurection you offert to WBC3.

I'll glad to give you any report which can help you
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen   [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Have you ever played the campaign in high resolutions? (1680, 1920...) There is a crash where you set the res from the campaign (world map) options to very high, then switch to a low-res monitor. If so, always turn the res back to low when unplugging the high-res monitor, so the options are always accessible from any kind of monitor.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen   [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:33 pm

This bug was related to text strings becoming invalid. Fixed in 0.8.5. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen   [FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Game crashes if you enter Campaign Options screen
Page 1 of 1