The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] game crashes on exit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Turtle
Knight
Knight
Turtle

[FIXED] game crashes on exit Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] game crashes on exit   [FIXED] game crashes on exit I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 8:23 pm

I have had this crash-on-exit thing pretty consistently while playing 0.8.2 and 0.8.3.  (0.8.2 was the first version I started playing.)  Out of many dozens of times exiting the game, there might have been one or two times that it didn't crash on exit.  (And before anyone asks:  No, my recent reboot did not get rid of this crash-on-exit.)

I did not think much of it before because the crashes only happened when I was already exiting the game anyways, and the game never lost my progress as a result of them, so they seemed a non-issue.  However, in light of the possiblity that something may be leaking resources on my box - resources this game needs to function correctly - it makes me wonder if this game might itself be leaking resources every time I run it (i.e., by not 100% successfully cleaning up after itself because it crashes before completing the cleanup work).
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] game crashes on exit   [FIXED] game crashes on exit I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 11:38 pm

This is a known issue. There's no need to worry, it doesn't effect anything whatsoever Smile. Is it something to do with Windows 7 logging old exit code as an error? I think I've heard of that sort of thing before but never knew if it was true or not.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Turtle
Knight
Knight
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] game crashes on exit   [FIXED] game crashes on exit I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 7:57 am

This problem does not appear to be just an exit code issue, but rather a crash due to an access violation (exception code c0000005).  The information Vista is giving me is as follows:

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: The Protectors.exe
  Application Version: 0.8.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 53f1dbf4
  Fault Module Name: The Protectors.exe
  Fault Module Version: 0.8.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 53f1dbf4
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0032bfc8
  OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 1774
  Additional Information 2: b5fb9a72e0ee82730e109fcda5196ea4
  Additional Information 3: 1c76
  Additional Information 4: 017f0b9c386f6e8e07abac6b4506aeb2
The exception offset (0032bfc8) indicates where the crash is happening in the program.  Of course, reproducing it in a debugger will provide much more information.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] game crashes on exit   [FIXED] game crashes on exit I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 12:56 am

Finally fixed in 0.8.8. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] game crashes on exit   [FIXED] game crashes on exit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] game crashes on exit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Bugs reporting-
Jump to: