The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Retinue tasks problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ogj321
Lord
Lord
Ogj321

Retinue tasks problems Empty
PostSubject: Retinue tasks problems   Retinue tasks problems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 10:20 am

So playing again OG campaign with new patch, I found the retinue tasks tab. Nice idea but execution is a "bit" unbalanced. Find items can net you artifact level loot and find crowns mission can net you between 5 to 200 gold. Strongest items in shops cost up to 300 in comparison.
This is however nothing in face of find companion task. Up to three free, often high level units that travel with you between missions? Having three 50 level units on every map trivializes most battles.
This in conjunction with need to research palace levels creates very degenerate play style. At start you send retinue on find crowns missions and research HQ levels, with non mage hero with low int that can take up to a year in game time (400 rounds).
Secondary, necessity to research for all races and factions put heavy brakes on idea of playing with various nations.
Honestly if time would be resource this would be frustrating but could work. Currently however it simply doesn't work. I'm usually against removing things, but in this case I simply don't see a way to balance this.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Retinue tasks problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retinue tasks problems   Retinue tasks problems I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2023 2:06 am

Thanks for the feedback! We'll give it good consideration. In the meantime, we have made some adjustments which help to improve this feature in the upcoming version 0.9.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender

Retinue tasks problems
Page 1 of 1