The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite hero companions for the campaign

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sihastru
Knight
Knight
Sihastru

Favorite hero companions for the campaign Empty
PostSubject: Favorite hero companions for the campaign   Favorite hero companions for the campaign I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 4:44 am

Hi guys,

I was wandering what are your favorite units to use as companions in the campaign.

I tend to find Spider Priestesses some of the most effective without being OP.

I think the most powerfull are the Minotaur Kings... but they just break the classic campaign because they are just OP.

What units do you use?.
Back to top Go down
Isewein
Squire
Squire
Isewein

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hero companions for the campaign   Favorite hero companions for the campaign I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 10:44 pm

Dragon Knights, Naga, Ancient Wisps.

Generally I prefer units that aren't too squishy, because it's hugely frustrating to lose a long-reared companion to a moment's inattention.
Back to top Go down
Talinoth
Squire
Squire
Talinoth

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hero companions for the campaign   Favorite hero companions for the campaign I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2022 6:33 am

The absolute best has to be the Ancient Treant imo.

A lv 50 AT can cast a very high level Entangle on an enemy hero/army and slow them to a crawl, it has monstrously high combat stats, it can summon Oakmen for use as builders or mine fillers, and can quite reliably act as the tip of the spear for a whole army, tank titans, assassinate heroes, and bodyguard your squishy mage hero against fast assassins going after you for a cheap kill.

In combination with my Knight Grand Oracle who just focused on spamming Divination and Arcane spells (like summoning f***tons of mages for damage support) it was extremely hard to stop even on Hard difficulty during the campaigns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hero companions for the campaign   Favorite hero companions for the campaign I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite hero companions for the campaign
Page 1 of 1