The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Undead Campaign - TPC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Soto_Woden
Squire
Squire
Soto_Woden

Undead Campaign - TPC Empty
PostSubject: Undead Campaign - TPC   Undead Campaign - TPC I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 4:01 pm

Guys, quick question here:
After some skirmish to learn the basics about TPC, I just started the campaign.
Undead Lichelord. Cool (Loved the time magic feature)
I've decided to try and go with the option to fortify my camp. That was ruthless!! I barely managed to win, but got a stryke of luck.
After that, allied with the elves and humans, and soon after helped the barbarians vs Swarm, where I enlisted both.
Since I'm unnable to play with the undead race for now, I went with the swarm and the plaguelords. Got the plaguelords keep research on 3, and one of the three swarm factions on 4, but.....Why the hell all of the missions that I have now only let me build the keep and stay with the lvl2 upgrade? scratch
About the missions: Search for the Dragon on the mountain pass, prepare the ritual for the white council teleport or search for dragon cultists. The dragon cultist one is just barbaric. The friendly AI does basically nothing besides protecting itself and let the main hero to deal with (more or less) 4 enemies. So, again: Why all of those missions focus on locking the keep to lvl2 even if I researched the other upgrades? In the 1st run on the desert, I found it fun. But 30min on game, it just seen pointless. It's impossible to go against that damn horde.
Oh, and all of them say "replayable". It's for the purpose of "all of them are tough and I need to gitgud" or the Undead part for the protectors campaign just ends here?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Undead Campaign - TPC   Undead Campaign - TPC I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 5:00 am

The main campaign is still a work in progress. That being said, its difficulty is a bit too high in 0.8.9b. For now you can decrease the difficulty by making as many allies as possible (not killing anybody and waiting for all companions to reach you) and by going to options -> difficulty in the world map menu.

Initially the keep level is forced to 2 because not many want to be lead by this unknown Protector that is your hero. The races that do allow you to build are from your companions (Quinton=Plaguelord, Dark Dwarf = Xanthos etc.).

As for the missions, they are replayable as you need to play them several times to reach the objective. Even if you fail the mission, you still can get points for your objective (e.g. you can activate teleporting obelisks and lose the match afterwards, at the end of the day you still have those obelisks activated).

Soto_Woden likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Soto_Woden
Squire
Squire
Soto_Woden

PostSubject: Re: Undead Campaign - TPC   Undead Campaign - TPC I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 5:38 am

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
The main campaign is still a work in progress. That being said, its difficulty is a bit too high in 0.8.9b. For now you can decrease the difficulty by making as many allies as possible (not killing anybody and waiting for all companions to reach you) and by going to options -> difficulty in the world map menu.

Initially the keep level is forced to 2 because not many want to be lead by this unknown Protector that is your hero. The races that do allow you to build are from your companions (Quinton=Plaguelord, Dark Dwarf = Xanthos etc.).

As for the missions, they are replayable as you need to play them several times to reach the objective. Even if you fail the mission, you still can get points for your objective (e.g. you can activate teleporting obelisks and lose the match afterwards, at the end of the day you still have those obelisks activated).

I see! That makes sense. I reseted the campaign about 3 times, and now I have all the factions that could help me (the swarm really helps on the desert).

I noticed that about the companions, tipes of builds etc.
The campaign has a lot of potential, so far I'm enjoying it, just found it strange about the lvl2 keep, but for roleplaying consistency, it really makes sense that they don't fully trust the protector. Cool.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Undead Campaign - TPC   Undead Campaign - TPC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Undead Campaign - TPC
Page 1 of 1