The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

XP from kills problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ogj321
Lord
Lord
Ogj321

XP from kills problem Empty
PostSubject: XP from kills problem   XP from kills problem I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 10:08 am

Is there a possibility to eliminate XP gain from killing enemy units? Currently this leads to weird optimal play-styles where you want to farm enemy units for longest possible time.
Perhaps reducing XP for levels to amount similar to normal units? So 7XP for first level 15 for second etc. Of course you will also need to adjust XP from missions, but I think it would give more control over tempo of hero growth, and it would be far less tedious for players.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: XP from kills problem   XP from kills problem I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2023 2:18 am

Thanks for the feedback!

If I understand this correctly, the problem is that players are encouraged to leave enemy sides alone instead of defeating them so that players can farm XP from them?
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Ogj321
Lord
Lord
Ogj321

PostSubject: Re: XP from kills problem   XP from kills problem I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 6:55 am

Yes, in campaign this encourages turtling, building towers and leaving enemy with most possible resources. This way you can really power level your hero.
Back to top Go down
Guts13
Squire
Squire
Guts13

PostSubject: Re: XP from kills problem   XP from kills problem I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2024 12:40 am

Well, Retinue units can be locked out from receiving further XP (level-ups), so maybe it can be implemented for a whole skirmish/map optionally?

Not that I would ever crave for this option, tho Very Happy
I am with WBC basically because of the XP / leveling.

Especially in latest build (9.0), where high-tier units need a LOT more XP / level, which make it all so much more exciting. So while your low-tier units can get to "teen" level from level 1 in short time, getting a dragon to level 10 is a real effort-based struggle.

Oh, btw, try fighting only with Titans, those don't get any level-ups. (just like there is "No-Titans" options, there could be "Titans-only" counter-option.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XP from kills problem   XP from kills problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XP from kills problem
Page 1 of 1