The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Instalation problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
seba_fallus
Squire
Squire
seba_fallus

Instalation problem Empty
PostSubject: Instalation problem   Instalation problem I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 1:05 am

I have this message during installation
"Source file not found:
C:\Users\notebook\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_TPC_BETA_version_0.8.5_FULL(1).zip\TPC BETA version 0.8.5 FULL\TCP_b1.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."
Problem is there aren't this file Neutral
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Instalation problem   Instalation problem I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 8:05 am

First you need to unzip ALL THE CONTENTS of the pack you download (right click->extract...), then run the installer.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
seba_fallus
Squire
Squire
seba_fallus

PostSubject: Re: Instalation problem   Instalation problem I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 1:00 am

Thanks but i have next problem. When i run game i have a message that i have to install DirectPlay for directx 9 but i have directx 11 and i can't install DirectPlay.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Instalation problem   Instalation problem I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 1:29 am

You need to install directx 9.c too. Newer versions of directx are not compatible with this old game, but fear not, you can have both directx's work on the same PC.
Back to top Go down
Alsfire
Squire
Squire
Alsfire

PostSubject: Can't extract files or update game.   Instalation problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 10:02 pm

I can't extract the files in TPC_b2.cab and TPC_b3.cab it says "The following file could not be opened or is not a valid Zip file D:\Games\The Protectors\TPC_b2.cab, similarly for TPC_b3.cab.
When I try to update to 0.8.6a hotfix it says
"The program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
Similarly it says that too for 'wetstd32.dll' and 'mss32.dll'.
I have not modified any files, I have tried installing the game 2nd time but it isn't fixed; the problem persists. I use WinZip. The extracted files are in a separate folder.

Edit: I extract the files in TPC_2.cab and 3 but I could install game, is it necessary to extract those?

Last edited by Alsfire on Sat May 28, 2016 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Instalation problem   Instalation problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Ok first things first:

You need all cab files in the same folder with the installation .exe file. If you do everything correctly, then the installer won't even ask for the files and will go from 0% to 100% with no interruptions.

Secondly, 0.8.6a is a HOTFIX PATCH. You just need to copy-paste that exe over the 0.8.6 one. IT IS NOT A INSTALLER.

That should do it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Instalation problem   Instalation problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Instalation problem
Page 1 of 1