The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deamons - Iron Fortress

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

Deamons - Iron Fortress Empty
PostSubject: Deamons - Iron Fortress   Deamons - Iron Fortress I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 10:18 am

C'mon folks, honestly...isn't this Faction a bit too cool ?
Smile
After like 20 minutes into the game, and my base was frolicking with nearly 100 guardian skulls.

Then I remembered, the the true reason I played Iron Fortress was to investigate the Synergy Bonus. (Because AI, playing Deamon faction, still uses the old Synergy : 20~30 Succubi spawn over the hero... causing quick death to my hero who was at verge of killing the enemy cracker)

So I click the Synergy button, and I can place the tower... well, I still have to follow the rule of tower-distance...why not. Ok, here is a strategic choking point, bum, placed.
WHAAA? 800HP 14 range and can be still garrisoned?

O gosh, I will recreate new Deamon hero (non-caster, as caster benefits from the factions, that do not consume souls) and this will be darn fun. (it is not ultimately OP, as deamons usually lack the destructive power of other races, when it comes to assaulting bases, no catapults, weak flyers, even demons die quick, and the cavalry of theirs dies also very fast... so without a good summoner or pyromancer, they are usually weak) but it seems to be fun for my type of play : keep the base super defended and move a inch a time towards enemy trenches.

I like it (despite I would be missing my pyromancer, not for the weak armageddon but for the level 5+ firecall. But hey, as he is getting only 3 skill points since level 20, level-ups are no fun anymore)
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Deamons - Iron Fortress   Deamons - Iron Fortress I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 6:08 am

They might be a little OP, but you are certainly using them right: turtling is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

PostSubject: Re: Deamons - Iron Fortress   Deamons - Iron Fortress I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 6:42 am

Interesting, when I played with Pyromancer, the popping-up Guardian Skulls did consume all generated souls.
After I created Daemon Warrior, souls keep still adding up (hundreds later in the game), and also Guardian Skulls still are summoned.

Is it because as Warrior I cannot cast spells? Or just a coincidance?

Anyways, despite it is in most scenarios sufficient, to have unpenetrable base defense (sometimes with multiple remote bases), Warrior is not really the class to go for.

I was hoping that all the produced units will be set to guard hero, so the hero can roam the map, steal or destroy mines, with some luck hunt down weaker enemy heroes etc.

But despite my Warrior has nearly 600 HP, and high DEF/RES, still can die (two times due the violet poison, that can actually kill ya). I hoped that the help, with 1% chance of Archon (Cure spell) would be a good strategy, still two times I lost my hero despite high precautions. Without hero, I could lost the chance to create the cool towers and I had to resign, as the enemy could not destroy my base, and I could not destroy his.

What is surprising, is that my buffed hero failed to kill enemy hero, so battling enemy who still has living hero required more assault power, not only defensive power.

Support or summoner heroes seems to be more of a fitting combo with The Iron Fortress, they can sit safely in one of the many well defended towers and summon fire elementals or Pit Friends or just give bonuses to income or army...

I quickly tested Tinker, who was lacking the casting power (no Ritual skill and low INT), but still was able to get Acquire spell to 100%, so he magically turned into the best mine thief evaaaa. Giving infinite resources (all apart Gold) and Tactician boosting the army around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deamons - Iron Fortress   Deamons - Iron Fortress I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deamons - Iron Fortress
Page 1 of 1