The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Caesar
Squire
Squire
Caesar

[FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign   [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 9:59 am

So I have been pretty addicted to this mod for the last few months and have been playing quite a bit, and this bug has surfaced on all of my heroes around when I reach level 40 or so. When playing the C. Campaign, all buildings, research and units become free. For example, keep level 2 will be grayed out because I don't have the resources for it but when I click it to queue it up, it immediately starts regardless of not having enough. Whatever resource(s) I needed more of will simply go to zero then rise back up normally. Like stated earlier, this affects building construction, research and units too. Oddly enough, this bug also causes all research to become available immediately as well. For example, you can research level 5 famine at keep level 1 (before famine 1-4), dark mithril as soon as you build a boneyard, etc. Units, buildings and building upgrades, however, still need to have their prerequisites met. As far as I can tell, this bug affects the C. Campaign mode exclusively, as it isn't present when I play skirmish maps.

Some things that I have tried to fix the issue:

Completely uninstall/delete and then re-download mod. (twice actually)
Change windows service packs.
Downloaded the vanilla campaign.
Wipe all hero/map save data from documents.

None of these changed the inevitable, the glitch shows up around hero level 40 and essentially level caps me off from playing C. Campaign legitimately. Sure it was fun building a base half the size of the map and annihilating everything a few times, but the novelty has worn off. If anyone knows of a fix or has had the same problem, leave a reply. Thanks for your time.

Edit: I should also say I am playing the current patch 8.8b and play on Hard difficulty
Back to top Go down
Talinoth
Squire
Squire
Talinoth

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign   [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 8:45 pm

I encountered the same bug as you actually, around level 48 or so while I was on a rampage in Yrm.

I noticed that this doesn't appear on new heroes in Skirmish mode, but any game you play in C.Campaign with your main hero, no matter what Race you select, you get the "I can spend infinite amounts of money and I don't go into debt" or free/unlimited resource bug.

It does devalue otherwise hard missions a bit. Nothing quite like having 80+ units on the map and Keep level 5 in under 10 minutes.

EDIT: The bug doesn't occur on Skirmish. I took my hero into a skirmish map, was properly resource-limited, and then went back into a Campaign C map and the bug came back. I'm at a loss.

Back to top Go down
Caesar
Squire
Squire
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign   [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 6:29 am

Glad to see that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. Hopefully it gets fixed with the next patch.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign   [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Hmmm, that's an odd one. Could one of you send me your hero files for debugging? Also, does changing campaign difficulty do anything?
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Caesar
Squire
Squire
Caesar

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign   [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 6:34 am

Just tested this and confirmed that the glitch only affects hard. Tested the same mission 3 times, on easy, normal and hard. Easy and normal I was properly resource locked and on hard the glitch was present.

I can still send you a copy of my hero data if you like, just not sure how you want me to send it so let me know.
Back to top Go down
Talinoth
Squire
Squire
Talinoth

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign   [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 am

I'm willing to send you mine as well.

I'm also playing on Hard difficulty - solid possibility that that may have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign   [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 1:56 am

I think this has been fixed in 0.8.9?
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign   [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 6:58 pm

Bug fixed. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign   [FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Free/Unlimited Resource Bug in C. Campaign
Page 1 of 1