The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tools to MOD the WBC3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wamenslot
Squire
Squire
wamenslot

Tools to MOD the WBC3 Empty
PostSubject: Tools to MOD the WBC3   Tools to MOD the WBC3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 7:50 am

Besides the wonderful job that is beeing made on this Mod, I wonder what Tool you are using to edit the game.

I remember in my early ages of playing the game, that I used Omatic to test how far a hero level up would go.

After level 400-500, the game started to not handle quite well. Usually it crashed or even you could see some visual/gameplay bugs.

Beyond level 700 the battles were almost unplayable. The hero could be killed but his 3d design remained in the battle, with no way to be selected. Or, sometimes, the game crashed after few seconds the battle started.

My big question is if there is something I could edit to make it more stable. If there is something that can be made about the population cap (I hate it in RTS games).

I did not tried Omatic on this MOD, so I don't know if those kinds of bugs would happen with a high lvl hero.

Even if you have the source code and can't release it, would be possible to make a small patch just so the pop cap became infinite ? cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Tools to MOD the WBC3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools to MOD the WBC3   Tools to MOD the WBC3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 3:15 am

wamenslot wrote:
Besides the wonderful job that is beeing made on this Mod, I wonder what Tool you are using to edit the game.
We use our own custom tools (our own version of Asset Builder and XCR compiler), Maestorak's (I think?) Unit Editor and XCR.exe to mod the game. To write the code for the game we use Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.

wamenslot wrote:
My big question is if there is something I could edit to make it more stable.
The game cannot support certain stat values going past what the variable can hold. If it does, it loops back to a tiny value again. There won't be support for insanely high level heroes in TPC.

wamenslot wrote:
If there is something that can be made about the population cap (I hate it in RTS games).
All that can be done outside the source code is to open System.xcr > Building.cfg and change the buildings to give a different amount of pop cap.

wamenslot wrote:
Even if you have the source code and can't release it, would be possible to make a small patch just so the pop cap became infinite ? cheers
We don't have the time nor the interest in building an infinite pop cap version of the program sorry. You will have to get the source code and sign the NDA off of Pat.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender

Tools to MOD the WBC3
Page 1 of 1