The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack
Squire
Squire
Jack

Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions?   Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 12:44 am

I love how smooth and updated WBIII is using The Protectors mod and it's a great job but I'm a newbie to the Warlords Battlecry series and Protectors can be quite overwhelming to us infants. Is it possible to play pretty much vanilla WBIII with just the fixes and patches Protectors implemented? For example , the standalone widescreen patch is a mess and can't even do full screen at 1280 X 720 but Protectors does it correctly, and the lvl 1 restrictions in building keeps are just too unforgiving to a newbie on a first playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions?   Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2022 5:53 pm

I'm afraid not, but if it is the level restriction that is bothering you read this:

Kharn wrote:
CAMPAIGN KEEP LEVEL RESTRICTIONS

When playing any of the campaigns or chapters in TPC, your max keep level starts at just 1 and the rest need to be "unlocked" via researching them on the world map. This requires crowns to do and also takes time to complete. You'll need to do this for every faction of every race.

Crown cost: Crowns are a currency mostly associated with the campaign, but can be used and obtained in scenarios these days. (Buying / selling hero items, bribing / completing quests etc..) As you'll need crowns to pay for the researching of your max keep levels, newly created heroes won't be able to unlock them all right off the bat and so will first need to gather crowns either by playing skirmish games or finding them in the campaign.

You can also send your retinue members to search for crowns while you play through the campaign to speed things along. When on the world map, click the "menu" button and then "retinue tasks" to do this.

Research time: The time it takes to complete a keep level unlock is based on campaign days. Many actions when on the campaign map will count as a day (sometimes more!) and these will increment the research progress of your keep level. But at every location on the map, you can choose the "wait" action which can be used to simply wait out the research time by doing nothing.

Your hero's intelligence stat also influences the research time. The higher their intelligence, the faster the research will be completed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions?   Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions? I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 7:47 am

We've been looking into the restrictions and difficulty in the next patch and have improved some of the campaigns and chapters. For instance, you're no longer keep tech tier locked in the Tears of Dawn campaign any more. Can't promise it'll be perfect in that respect, some campaigns may be rougher than others, but it will at least be an improvement.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions?   Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to play Protectors with just the fixes and its widescreen patches and no mod restrictions?
Page 1 of 1