The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you know where I find the Conquest Campaign and how to download it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moar Barmu
Squire
Squire
Moar Barmu

Do you know where I find the Conquest Campaign and how to download it? Empty
PostSubject: Do you know where I find the Conquest Campaign and how to download it?   Do you know where I find the Conquest Campaign and how to download it? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 8:20 am

I am sorry bother the Protectors mod community, as I do not play the mod. I play the AHATCH mod, which does not have as active of a community. However, I know that the Conquest Campaign mod, that I have tried to load but failed to unzip properly, is the same one as used in your mod. Do you know where I find the original version of the mod. My link seems perhaps faulty. I am also need to know how to unzip the Conquest mod. I hope that one all four of the WBC 3 mod communities can reunite togetherto demand a WBC4!
Sincerely,
Moar Barmu
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Do you know where I find the Conquest Campaign and how to download it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know where I find the Conquest Campaign and how to download it?   Do you know where I find the Conquest Campaign and how to download it? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 11:04 pm

Have you tried to use the link over here?: https://etheria.fandom.com/wiki/Mod_Downloads#Conquest_Campaign

Extracting it over the original campaign files in the WBC3 folder should work.

Infinite Interactive is developing Puzzle Quest 3 these days. I once thought that they were raising money for WBC4 or Warlords 5, but I don't think that's the case anymore. PQ3 is what they do now, it's the studio's next big break. Steve Fawkner has been known to leap from genre to genre, depending on the times, and RTS games are too unprofitable these days. Not many of them have a strong following and the playerbase is small. Also the community is far too divided; there are those who prefer WBC1 or WBC2 or WBC3 or WBC3 with the unofficial patches or TPC - and each of these subgroups perceive the games in different ways, from chiefly an RTS game or RPG game to sandbox. There are also those who want any sequel to be identical to a previous WBC game and those who want something more modern and/or new.

It's not necessarily that WBC4 can't be funded, it's that, in the eyes of the entire WBC community, it can't exist. WBC was too amorphous for anyone to have a clear definition of what it was, which will be muddied even further by nostalgia, which any sequel will have to contend with. Just like there's no way of incorporating multiple different visions of the game in a single sequel, there's likewise no way of uniting the fanbase.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender

Do you know where I find the Conquest Campaign and how to download it?
Page 1 of 1