The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Newbie in trouble!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MaurinoW
Squire
Squire
MaurinoW

Newbie in trouble! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie in trouble!   Newbie in trouble! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Hello to all! First of all, I am very new to this webpage and forum as I found this amazing work by chance!

I am a very fond of player of WB3 but have not worked anymore for years due to the multiple bug issues.
While trying to play again with that, I landed on this page!

I have downloaded the full latest version 0.8.9 and launched the setup.
I have the game installed and when running the exe file, I can only see the first launching page (the one with the 2 swords to be clear) then the game is closed.

I have checked around the site and the forum but did not find any help on that.
Hope you can help as I am really eager to play the game and be part of this players community!

EDIT: I have not installed yet 0.8.9a and 0.8.90b.

Have fun! MaurinoW. bounce
Back to top Go down
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

Newbie in trouble! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in trouble!   Newbie in trouble! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 10:36 pm

Have you had any previous Protectors installed before 0.8.9?
If not, then let's move to next point. If yes, make sure you also delete "The Protectors" folder under My Documents, while uninstalling, then also delete the installation game folder completely... and try to reinstall anew.

- Have you set Compatibility settings (test Win XP service pack 2 or older or newer)
- Have you disabled anti-virus tools/software? (also malware protection)
- Have you tried running as ADMIN?
- check the game folder if everything is set to "Read and Write" instead "Read only"

Please let us know if / how you progressed.
Back to top Go down
MaurinoW
Squire
Squire
MaurinoW

Newbie in trouble! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in trouble!   Newbie in trouble! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 6:41 am

Gatts wrote:
Have you had any previous Protectors installed before 0.8.9?
If not, then let's move to next point. If yes, make sure you also delete "The Protectors" folder under My Documents, while uninstalling, then also delete the installation game folder completely... and try to reinstall anew.

- Have you set Compatibility settings (test Win XP service pack 2 or older or newer)
- Have you disabled anti-virus tools/software? (also malware protection)
- Have you tried running as ADMIN?
- check the game folder if everything is set to "Read and Write" instead "Read only"

Please let us know if / how you progressed.

Thanks for the great feed-back! I tried again and manage to fix.
The problem was with first point. Testing the compatibility, I was using Windows 8 and not Windows XP which is not working. Now I am in. It is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

Newbie in trouble! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in trouble!   Newbie in trouble! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 7:15 am

Good to hear.

Also, do not forget to install Patch A and B.

And have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
MaurinoW
Squire
Squire
MaurinoW

Newbie in trouble! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in trouble!   Newbie in trouble! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 2:38 am

Gatts wrote:
Good to hear.

Also, do not forget to install Patch A and B.

And have fun Smile

I will! Thanks! I have another quick question, and sorry if not the right place.

I have download and read the manual on races, skills, classes, etc....
Is there anything else available or it is worth to make the tutorial?
For example, in my first game i did not manage to build additional towers despite the resources were available.
Back to top Go down
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

Newbie in trouble! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in trouble!   Newbie in trouble! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 6:04 am

In v0.8.9b, towers must be at specific distance away from each other.

You can observe this distance slightly, when your worker/peasant is about to place the new tower on the ground, there should be thin red circles around your existing towers.

And you must place your new towers outside these circles -> this is to prevent spawning dozens of towers near each other.

And nope, the new 0.8.9b is not completely documented, no fully revised manual.

That is why I even try to document some races and professions on this forum, till the documentation will be completed (In an extremely unreadable way: I play a game and comment on observed pros and cons)

Said that -> spells, skills, level-up, professions and races (with faction) are up to you to discover, sorry.

Despite the high level documentation is out there (main page of The Protectors and some are in MANUAL folder) none of the documentation is accurate, sorry.

When you create your hero, heed all the details about skills, stats.

Also know, that each 10 levels you will get one less skill point.
1~10: 5 points
11~20: 4 points
21~30: 3 points
etc.

Also extremely important (and entertaining) are the factions: one race offers 2 or 6 factions, each having a significant difference... and most importantly different Racial Synergy Bonus (one makes your units learn Assassination skill, other makes you to summon 10 dryads, or 15 Archons)

Also the army limit is set to 100 (but in campaign, it can be increased to 250)

Army points are now not exactly matching the size : for example small sized generals may consume 9 points (instead of 1)

Many many tweaks and differences and nearly nothing is properly documented, yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie in trouble! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in trouble!   Newbie in trouble! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie in trouble!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: