The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Army Limit Max

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sinderland
Squire
Squire
Sinderland

Army Limit Max Empty
PostSubject: Army Limit Max   Army Limit Max I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 6:54 am

I have read the manual and logs a few times, I understand you reworked the army limit in .8.9a but I just can't read anywhere that is was meant to be capped at 100.

Every time I build a base the army limit can simply not go above 100, is that intentional? If so appreciate if you can document as such, keen to make it optionally unlimited if possible.

Thanks,
Jade
Back to top Go down
Sinderland
Squire
Squire
Sinderland

Army Limit Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Limit Max   Army Limit Max I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2019 4:26 am

11 views but no one comments? seems like a big change to the game design (The mod in general is awesome dont get me wrong!) but as it is now 2 players have a huge advantage over 1 player because of the hard population cap which is very easy to reach. It also makes the game more about strategy and heroes because you very easily max out units but the original focus was more a slow growth, build expand build.. you could leave a few units defending some mines down south that was fine.. now every unit should really be attacking at the end of the game, spread them out and you will lose.

That no one has talked about this quite big change in forum which does make me feel like its possibly a bug though, or I have somehow missed something? the manual docs all refer to storage / income which for me at least playing latest version appears abandoned in latest version.

Isewein likes this post

Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Army Limit Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Limit Max   Army Limit Max I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 4:09 am

It is intentional though subject to change. The manuals haven't been updated as a result.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
LibraExAnima
Knight
Knight
LibraExAnima

Army Limit Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Limit Max   Army Limit Max I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 10:47 pm

The problem I see is that if the limit is going up, you need to consider that the AI builds TONS of buildings, so you either put up with that and build tons of barely defendable buildings as well or get overrun, especially if their hero - maybe even high level hero - still lives to pester you.

I think this really needs some good thoughts too since the current limit isn't quite optimal (and Titans are a bit extreme with 30 army points), but one needs to be very cautious.
Back to top Go down
Schadenfroh81
Squire
Squire
Schadenfroh81

Army Limit Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Limit Max   Army Limit Max I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 1:22 pm

For me, this change would also break the otherwise awesome mod, that's why i've tried to collect the best reasons which came into my mind, and posted it into the suggestions forum and hope that some people will comment there, because if i'm the only one who points that out, it won't have any weight at all.

For anyone that doesn't like the limit, there is an option in skirmish games which allows us to use the old unit limits at least, just wanted to point that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Army Limit Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Limit Max   Army Limit Max I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army Limit Max
Page 1 of 1