The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Multiplayer Game Crash

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainman13
Squire
Squire
Rainman13

Multiplayer Game Crash Empty
PostSubject: Multiplayer Game Crash   Multiplayer Game Crash I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 3:30 pm

I've had this issue with 2 friends now, 3 pcs in total. This is the protectors 0.8.8b. One was local (in house tcp\ip) and the other used hamachi internet tcp\ip for the connections. the games goes well enough until near the end. Its like the game knows that in 3-5 minutes someone will win. if 2 of us are on a team and we kill all but the last AI, the person who joined the host will crash. If we go vs, the person who joined the host will crash once they get the upper hand. This happened about 8 times now. I have never had one where the person who joined didn't crash before the end.
All computers mentioned are using EVIL windows 10, none of them crash playing single player. None of them are using compatibility settings. All of them are running the game as administrator. That is all I can tell you about this issue.

Just a side note: You guys have done an awesome job on this game! It feels more balanced and alive than ever!
Back to top Go down
jalonsdale
Knight
Knight
jalonsdale

Multiplayer Game Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer Game Crash   Multiplayer Game Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 12:38 am

One thing I have noticed, is that you Said everyone is using Win 10.

Since all players have Win 10, Direct Play must be enabled on all of them. To do so, type in Cortana Search, -"Control Panel"- which will bring up 'Control Panel: Desktop App'. From there click Programs, and then Click "Turn Windows Features On or Off". Look under legacy components, and you'll see "Direct Play". This will tell windows 10 to allow direct connections LAN / Hatachi / Whatever into games. Otherwise the game may or may not crash after a few minutes of play. This allows the LEGACY Multiplayer modes from windows 7 to XP, which some of The Protectors Code may come from.

That said, most games now a days are single player, or MMO. and Microsoft, Dang Nabit, is trying to kill off the Direct Play Features such as that the Protectors multiplayer uses. That is why Direct Play is not enabled in the first place.

Anyway, Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

Multiplayer Game Crash
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Bugs reporting-
Jump to: