The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!

Go down 
+2
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Kharn
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Empty
PostSubject: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:44 am

This forum looked rather lonely, what with having no topics and all, so I decided to start this one.  bounce
Here's 2 from me to get this thing started:

It's always nice when you're low on stone and then a huge flock of mindless lair Harpies come to attack your Basilisks!

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Ineededstone

This next one shows you what happens when you're playing as Dark Elves and massed Spider Priestesses, ready to summon a swarm of Queen Spiders....... only to go and press the wrong button.  Shocked

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Oopswrongbutton

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adjusting pic sizes)
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks Kharn. Did any of the sacrifices brought up a daemon?

anyhow, here's a dwarven battle on one of your awesome maps
The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Dwarfsiege

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:15 am

Ah yes, Red Canyon - a map I liked so much that I made another one like it, also set in the dirt terrain. I'll upload this once I have made more new maps, as I don't like to upload a single map or even a few at a time, but a huge amount in one go.

Oh and that's a LOT of Catapults!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:17 am

This one's from The Protectors.
During the scenario where you have to secure the Pyramid in the middle of the map, there appears to be a Swarm Hero trapped within the void next to where you start. Normaly, a unit in such a possition could not be attacked by normal means, but I'm leading Undead who, of course, have electrical ranged attacks on their towers!!!

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I57c

So I took advantage of this situation and built a few towers outside of the voided area. I bet that Swarm Hero wasn't best pleased!

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adjusting pic sizes)
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 7:55 pm

What version were you using when you took the screenie? It should have been fixed since the implementation of triggered victory condition A LONG TIME AGO.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:22 pm

That was taken in 0.7.2
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Oh don't worry, it's the same in 0.7.3 Neutral  Thanks to this screenshot I have updated the file and will be available in 0.8

Also, what's with the dark elven keep over there in the top part of the screen?
Back to top Go down
Harshit
Lord
Lord
Harshit

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 3:41 am

I think that Dark Tower is related to that bug i mentioned b4

After u said u cudnt reproduce that bug. I tested different patches to see which file got corrupted.
DD Hall of Golem was building fine in 0.7 and 0.7.1. Then i saved the game. Applied the patch 0.7.2
two Hall's already built got converted to Dark Tower [screen]. And trying to build more crashed the game.

Screenshot:

Seeing that kharn also has the same bug means one of the servers have the graphics file corrupted..

Currently downloading 0.7.2 again from a different source to see if it helps.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 4:40 am

When I first saw that, I kind of questioned why it was there but just dismissed it as being something apart of the story.

Anyway, the Dark Tower is the first defined building, which would make it the default building to be used if the game had problems loading the intended building in *some* situations - not all. (Think about that magical Iceguard that can appear in your new recruits slot when you have new retinue slots available. The Iceguard is the first defined unit and thus the default to be used when a unit data is required but the game can't link to one)

However, after going through the editor, all the Dark Dwarven buildings load fine, so I don't think it's to do with the building data itself. (That's the bui / ani / rle files) I'm probably going to do some experimenting of my own on this.
Back to top Go down
Harshit
Lord
Lord
Harshit

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 6:03 am

Have u already applied the patch 0.7.3

Downloading 0.7.2 from other sources didnt help. But it got resolved in 0.7.3 Smile 

Screen 1:

try playing "d_DEScity1.SCN" now from the campaign scenario folder. I had the same Dark towers b4. But now-

Screen 2:
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:01 am

Harshit wrote:
Have u already applied the patch 0.7.3

Actually, yeah - I guess that explains why they're fine for me now.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:45 am

Anyway;
Giants!!!!!

The Ssrathi thought they had it bad when a bunch of Trolls and Ogres, goading on by some Giants, came for them. Surely nothing bigger could come? But to their disbelief, the Rock Giants showed up!!!!

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! 2vn
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:38 am

No Hero should be able to survive such punishment!

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! S2r3

And rightfully, he didn't! lol! 

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! 35n1

This is my DoW2's The Last Stand inspired map that I started making some time ago. After making an amazing Undead Warrior that could defeat entire armies by himself, despite being only level 30, it made me want to see what exactly he is capable of, and thus, my interest in this old map started up once more.

However, the Hero you see in the screen shots is actually my old testing Hero - an Undead Shaman who has an absurdly high Vampirismn skill (40). This skill is responsible for his success in this map. I just hope that I'm not focusing the balance of the map too much around this one skill.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:58 am

Just got back into WBC3 and thanks to Ahatch I can now see my newly added units side by side for the first time in the true game. (Previously I could only add 1 new unit at a time or could only see them in a heavy mod)

It really has sparked my interest into the game once more and have already begun working on a few more things for the game. (Continuing with the correction to the Dark Infantry walking animation and an entirely new tile pack.)

But for now, let's enjoy some glorious screen shots of the carnage that came with Ahatch's latest 1.03B update:

A swarm of Frostbats are just awe inspiring! Seriously - just look at them all! Although it is questionable whether their blue colouring is too vivid.
Spoiler:

Ogre Dragons are a new type of Dragon which every race has access to as a third Dragon type. They are the most powerful (as you would expect from something that uses the WBC1 Dragon model!) but also the most expensive and have a lengthy 12 minute production time.
So to see a horde of them sent to slay the last enemy unit - a Dwarven Smith - seems a bit of an over kill. However, they weren't the only Dragons sent in such large quantities to slay the doomed Dwarf, as the AI had massed an army of Dragonliches, too, along with my Chaos Dragons.
Spoiler:

With the Blue Mage back in my game, I decided to spam Mages, since I've heard so many good things about doing so - and what I heard was true! They rolled over EVERYTHING without taking any casualties! With White Mages healing and curing, Red Mages protecting them from Swamp and Ogre Dragons, Blue Mages occasionally freezing enemy Dragons and Titans, and Black Mages being their to just add insult to injury ( :p ) - they were untouchable!

Within moments, the game was over, felling army after army and overcoming all obstacles. I can't recall the last time I saw something like this in WBC3.
I finished the game without loosing a single Mage, and they all had full HP! Oh and there were 96 Mages altogether.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
cordeirooo
Prince
Prince
cordeirooo

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Someone was having a good time... he died like he lived: Like scum smeared on the floor.

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Succub10
Back to top Go down
cordeirooo
Prince
Prince
cordeirooo

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 2:57 am

Just one extra risking a double-post warning or something.

I present you, the flying suicidal-cow:
The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Emocow10

Also, as a side-note, my resolution seems smaller than other screenshots here, which resolution you use and how? Can I simply modify the *.ini with a new resolution and BAM new res?

EDIT: I mean the resolution of the game, not the image.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:13 am

There is an option to do so in the Options menu and on the main scenario selection screen. If the game thinks your monitor doesn't support the resolution, then it'll be removed from the list of available resolutions.

However, you can force the resolution by modifying a WBC3 file in the Windows registry. But I do NOT recommend doing this. Not only do you risk ruining your operating system if you mess around with something vital, but those resolution options were disabled to you for a reason - one that you should probably respect.
Back to top Go down
cordeirooo
Prince
Prince
cordeirooo

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:35 am

Computer specs are good enough, I believe. I'll try the regedit alternative. Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 6:41 am

don't go higher than 1600 though. TPC is not yet available in that resolution.
Back to top Go down
cordeirooo
Prince
Prince
cordeirooo

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:38 am

Well, this is weird. It doesn't offer me a 1600x1200 resolution. I'll try to enable overscan compensation and see where it gets me.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 3:27 am

Before they get lost, here are the screenies I took whilst testing 1920x1080. bounce

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Latest?cb=20150211124915

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Latest?cb=20150211125009

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Latest?cb=20150211125052

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Latest?cb=20150211125444

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Latest?cb=20150211130202
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 5:57 am

Yeah - I saw those on the wiki.
If only I had thought this whole thing through, the images I posted there for this forum could have been named "TEMPA" and "TEMPB" etc.. and just replace those very images when the subject for them on here has moved on. Well, we can still do that, but they'll still take the name of "Night Dragon" and such.

However, this whole situation did make me think about adding a "screen shots" page, to help promote/advertise the game to newer players.
Back to top Go down
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 12:52 am

My level 14 Wood Elf Geomancer (with speciality of +15 XP to infantry, I won't be buying for 6 Skill Points Sad .. but would still good to have.
Before you dive into the screenthots, oh...I mean screenshots, I must confess, that I play extremely defensive and more like a true coward, as soon I get nearby mines, I stack my hero in one tower and keep her there for nearly the whole battle.
Homeguard: must have limit on # of buildings, as after some points, not all building get the DMG indicator (also do not have the sprites floating above indicating there is an active spell)
Also I recon, that AI heroes are extremely hard to kill, compared to my hero, with similar attributes, who can die in seconds.

I played against 4 AI, 3x Baron, 1x Count, all four as allied. Mostly randomized map XX-Large.

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Screen18
The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Screen19
The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Screen20

Back to top Go down
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 12:53 am

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Screen21
The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! Screen22
The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! We_110
Back to top Go down
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 12:53 am

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! We_210
The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! We_310
The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! We_410
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!   The big thread of WBC3 screenshots! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The big thread of WBC3 screenshots!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next