Posts : 26
Join date : 2017-01-29
|Subject: [Heroes] Small passive racial powers Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:44 am|| |
Hello!What if heroes (both avatars and no-heroes basic converters) would have low intensity, point-blank, racial psych. effects?Pros:
- adds much flavor to the hero: critters now owe some respect to heroes!
- likewise, no more hero will be ganged up by a level 0 mob. Well, they still are, by half the number.
- not so unbalanced: it can't be overused to build OP strats.
- still unbalanced and unfair.
- it's so unfair for humans and dwarves who are left without powers (using WBC3 code).
- triggers resistance checks that may hinder own side's debilitating units (only for melee (front line) heroes who lead a squad/guard).
- other unwanted side-effects with game mechanics (??).
- lessen the need for such spells as Awe, Scare, Toxic Cloud, ...
Testing with WBC3:
- shouldn't impact gameplay, as far as debilitating some Goblins, Swordsmen, ... Thralls, doesn't impact gameplay.
- still, should trigger a few times per minute, or every few minutes, to fulfill the "flavor" purpose. Or disabling half a level 0 mob, outright?
- some effects would have a range of 0 (the hero has to strike/be struck or... kiss). Does this work for all effects? I'm thinking about Awe, Chaos, or Terror on touch.
- some effects would have a range of 1+ (a more aural effect). Rng 1, Rng 2 or more?
- some effects would have a mild strength so that a peasant (RES 5) is almost certainly _or has 50% chances to be_ affected.
- some effects have such a minimal strength that a 0 RES unit may be only "occasionally" affected.
Humans (all 3 factions): none
Dwarves (all 2 factions): none
Elves (all 3 factions): Lesser aural aweThey are so
cute, how could you harm them? Even an Orc may feel a transient, innate reluctance to initiate violence, like a revolted peasant faced to a noble (before killing him).
Awe Str 3 Rng 2 (as a Succubus with less range)
Fey: Mild awe on touchBecause they put a spell on you!
Awe Str 5 Rng 0 (as a Vampire, on hit)
Minotaur & Orc: Mild fear on touchWhen you can feel their breath and smelling, and look at your fate deep into their eyes.
Fear Str 5 Rng 0 (more than an Ogre, on hit)
Undead: Mild terror on touchWhen you make a physical connection with death.
Terror Str 5 Rng 0 (less than a Dragon, on hit)
Daemon: Lesser aural terror
.Their mere aspect and behaviour is disturbing.
Terror Str 2 Rng 2 (or a greater range?) (or Chaos?)
Ssrathi: Lesser poison on touchBecause all of the Ssrathi use poison.
Poison Str 3 Rng 0
Swarm: Mild Poison on touchThese monsters are innately poisonous. Or should they be on par with Ssrathi heroes?
Poison Str 5 Rng 0 (as a Harpy/Lizard Rider)
Plaguelord: Mild disease on contactBecause they are most probably akin to Ghouls and Plague Priests.
Disease Str 5 Rng 1 (as a Ghoul)
These numbers are only a first try. The comparison with regular units is more useful design-wise.
What do you think?
|Joe the Bartender|
Keeper of Balance
Posts : 495
Join date : 2014-08-20
Location : The Candlekeep Inn
|Subject: Re: [Heroes] Small passive racial powers Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:34 am|| |
Something like this will no doubt emerge as part of the new race and class Perks system we'll be working on for 0.8.9/0.9.0.
Posts : 26
Join date : 2017-01-29
|Subject: Re: [Heroes] Small passive racial powers Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:47 am|| |
I know you will then have the power to compensate for some races not having supernatural perks (like giving them extra resistance, etc.). Good new for mundane races.
|Subject: Re: [Heroes] Small passive racial powers || |