The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Varied building animations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rodmar18
Lord
Lord
Rodmar18

Varied building animations Empty
PostSubject: Varied building animations   Varied building animations I_icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 6:32 am

Hello,
Currently in WBC3, buildings have three building stages and three in-fire stages. Moreover, they can leave stone, wood, both, or non rubble. Could the type of rubble be linked to the damage animations in any way?

Perhaps, only "wood" and "both material" buildings could be set on fire when damaged. I don't know if a damaged building take damage just because it's damaged (when HP are under 25%, perhaps?).

"Stone" buildings would only generate smoke/dust when damaged.

"None" buildings would remain pristine until destroyed/dismissed.

Fey buildings could be of a special nature. I'm not asking variety for all factions, just for 4 or 5 buildings' types. Did you play Primitive Wars? Imho, gameplay was terrible (poor AI, pathfinding, and level-up balance), but the Elves' buildings did have some distinctive flavor: they would fade away as they take damage; likewise, they would fade in  when build or repaired. Look at this video at 2:00 for a fade-in animation, at 8:00 for a fade-out animation.
Back to top Go down

Varied building animations
Page 1 of 1