The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Install question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaosLacky
Squire
Squire
ChaosLacky

Install question Empty
PostSubject: Install question   Install question I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 12:50 am

I extracted the files and I try to run "The Protectors.exe" but it doesn't seem to do anything. Am I suppose to overwrite files from the game directory? Figured I'd ask before I corrupted my game.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Install question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Install question   Install question I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:54 am

Definetly do not overwrite any other game files. TPC is stand-alone and it requires nothing else to run but itself.
Do not extract the .cab files. Just extract the zip you downloaded, so that the installers and the cab files are in the same folder. Then, just run the installer (TPC_beta_vblabla).exe or .msi, whichever you prefer.

Remember you must run the game as admin and with compatibility mode for windows xp activated. See this for more info: https://the-protectors.forumotion.com/t107-solved-invisible-units
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
Mealstorm

Install question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Install question   Install question I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 1:03 pm

Well I got pretty much same problem. i wanted to try new version on my PC, however when I try run it, it simply does nothing.

I have played on previous versions many times. So I am quite sure I am not doing anything wrong. All previous versions I played it was on my laptop. I will try to install it there later.
Back to top Go down
ChaosLacky
Squire
Squire
ChaosLacky

Install question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Install question   Install question I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 2:56 pm

I finally got it to work by setting it for Compatibility Mode with Windows 98 / Windows Me.
Back to top Go down
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
Mealstorm

Install question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Install question   Install question I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 5:53 pm

ChaosLacky wrote:
I finally got it to work by setting it for Compatibility Mode with Windows 98 / Windows Me.

Hmm makes no difference to me.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Install question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Install question   Install question I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Edulf wrote:
After looking at the log again, I finally found the reason for the black screen when using win 98 compatibility. It's because 0.8.7 for some reasons only supports up to 1024x768 with 16bit display. After downgrading my desktop resolution from 1280x800 with 32bit to this and using win 98 compatibility mode, I was able to run the game properly.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
Mealstorm

Install question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Install question   Install question I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 11:13 pm

Even lower resolution and mentioned compability settings didnt help
Back to top Go down
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
Mealstorm

Install question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Install question   Install question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 9:38 am

Hmm it seems to work correctly on my notebook.
Both my computer and my notebook are using windows 7.

Notebook:
i3 dual core 2.13 Ghz CPU
ATI Mobility Readeon HD 5650, 1GB Memory graphic card
DDR3 4GB 533Mhz memory

PC:
i5-6600k quad Core 3,5GHz CPU
GTX 1070, 8GB Memory graphic card
DDR4 16GB 2400Mhz memory

Edit: Okay it seems like I have problem with saving heroes on notebook. They simply disappear after game ends. Thats strange, considering I installed game at exactly same play where previous version was installed. All rules should be okay.

Edit2: Nevermind. I just realized there are more folders in documents. I deleted them and now it's okay.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Install question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Install question   Install question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 11:06 pm

I have almost the same PC and have no issue installing the game (same processor, pretty much same memory and same OS).

Could antivirus or UAC be the issue?
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Sponsored content

Install question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Install question   Install question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Install question
Page 1 of 1