The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More Heroes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

More Heroes Empty
PostSubject: More Heroes   More Heroes I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 12:26 am

Have you ever thought of having more heroes to control at the same time? With 2 (or 3) hero portraits in the bottom bar, each one with his levels and gaining exp as every other Hero until now (sorta of Warcraft 3 skirmishes). Maybe the game would become unbalanced, maybe it isn't even possibile to program, but I guess a lot of new combos and fun could came out of it. 2 or 3 heroes would make the game more like an rpg in which you have to set a good team (tank/healer, melee/mage and so on), or maybe you can only create a main, like now, while other heroes could join your main one during a campaign and be a retinue unit you can swap with other hero units (could have a unique hero slot in the retinue).

There would be 2 possibilities, so:
1) You can play with 2 or 3 heroes in the same game (each one created by its own in the creation screen);
2) You can have a hero retinue slot, which you can replace with pre-made heroes obtainable during quests and campaigns, but which still level up as other heroes (simply you won't choose their race, skills and so on).
What do you think?

P.S. Also, can you add my avatar here to the portraits of dark elves, maybe in 0.8.7 if it isn't too late? (fits humans and undead too I suppose). Thanks Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

More Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Heroes   More Heroes I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 6:33 am

There has been talk of making retinue units into mini-heroes which would then be displayed in a bar next to the hero portrait, but none about controlling more than one actual hero. I don't think adding an extra hero to a side is possible, not just code-wise but UI, balancing etc.

We would always love more portraits for heroes. Is the art copyrighted?
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Edulf
Lord
Lord
Edulf

More Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Heroes   More Heroes I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 7:11 am

I would rather have a resurrection feature. Allowing citadels to spawn dead hero for a fee (Hopefully AI is smart enough to use this feature..
Back to top Go down
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

More Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Heroes   More Heroes I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 7:16 am

Joe the Bartender wrote:
There has been talk of making retinue units into mini-heroes which would then be displayed in a bar next to the hero portrait, but none about controlling more than one actual hero. I don't think adding an extra hero to a side is possible, not just code-wise but UI, balancing etc.

We would always love more portraits for heroes. Is the art copyrighted?

Thanks Joe. Well, if the mini-hero would have same or simliar skills as heroes, I think it will do Very Happy

For the portrait, I took it here. I believe it's under creative commons, but don't know for sure. Also this site is FULL of possible portraits (like here, for demons or ssrathi), so give it a look (I love so much samurai and Legend of five rings, would die for a samurai-ish race in TPC!).

Last edited by Onimenokatana on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

More Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Heroes   More Heroes I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 7:18 am

Edulf wrote:
I would rather have a resurrection feature. Allowing citadels to spawn dead hero for a fee (Hopefully AI is smart enough to use this feature..

That was planned too, in a list Joe posted in march. Like warcraft 3 and lotr bfme
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

More Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Heroes   More Heroes I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 6:43 pm

I am now convinced that a hero resurrection feature will be implemented in future patches. There seems to be a high demand for this.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
cordeirooo
Prince
Prince
cordeirooo

More Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Heroes   More Heroes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 7:23 am

That's Daigotsu, from L5R.
There are plenty of good art from the game, but they have heavy oriental traces (for good reason, the game is about a fantastical land based on the East).

Most useful art would probably be from shugenja (their "mages") and monsters.

Search for Steve Argyle's and Drew Baker's art. Those guy were the best, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

More Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Heroes   More Heroes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Yeah, and I love Daigotsu and his story so much Very Happy
But some arts like Oni and other demons can be useful too, like maho tsukai for the Undeads.
Also, one year ago I suggested a new race based on samurai and honour mechanics (but aesthetically not humans) - or Shourido, the twisted bushido, thus making it an evil but "honourable" race - as I pretty much love that setting, and could be a fresh addition for TPC. After Dragonlords I suppose. Then this game would be my main reason of life Laughing
Back to top Go down
cordeirooo
Prince
Prince
cordeirooo

More Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Heroes   More Heroes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 3:05 pm

Nice to see another L5R fan around, we are so few and far between nowadays it makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Heroes   More Heroes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Heroes
Page 1 of 1