The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spawn Crashing, Critical Failure, Retinue Spellresist

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gornak
Squire
Squire
Gornak

Spawn Crashing, Critical Failure, Retinue Spellresist Empty
PostSubject: Spawn Crashing, Critical Failure, Retinue Spellresist   Spawn Crashing, Critical Failure, Retinue Spellresist I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Not sure if these are bugs or limits of the engine
Spawn Crashing: when spawning upwards of 60+ units (around 70 or so not sure where exactly the cutoff point is) through either army setup spawning (diplomacy + other stuff and picking 1 pt units) or a super high level quasit summon spell (because spell levels arent linked to hero level and this is a lvl 1 ver meaning easy to level and lots of pts available to boost casting etc.), the game will black screen freeze/crash. Army setup causes it on game start (doesnt even load the scenario) and summoning version will just crash on cast.

Critical Failure: if the hero has above 100% critical chance (items + weaponmaster) his attacks on buildings (tested on towers) will always only do 1 dmg

Retinue Spellresist: Group heal spells from units do not seem to affect retinue units, healing 0 hp (even if the caster is the retinue unit).
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Spawn Crashing, Critical Failure, Retinue Spellresist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawn Crashing, Critical Failure, Retinue Spellresist   Spawn Crashing, Critical Failure, Retinue Spellresist I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 3:31 am

Gornak wrote:
Spawn Crashing: when spawning upwards of 60+ units
This still happens in 0.8.9 and can be tested with spawn events. I think what's happening is the game code can't find any space which causes it to place units outside the map.

Gornak wrote:
Critical Failure: if the hero has above 100% critical chance (items + weaponmaster) his attacks on buildings (tested on towers) will always only do 1 dmg
Fixed in 0.8.8b. The weaponmaster curve stops you from ever reaching 100%.

Gornak wrote:
Retinue Spellresist: Group heal spells from units do not seem to affect retinue units, healing 0 hp (even if the caster is the retinue unit).
Fixed in ancient times (0.8.7?).
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender

Spawn Crashing, Critical Failure, Retinue Spellresist
Page 1 of 1