The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Observer mode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JPUlisses
Squire
Squire
JPUlisses

Observer mode Empty
PostSubject: Observer mode   Observer mode I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 10:34 am

Hello, I would like to know if a Observer mode would be possible? Similar to Warcraft 3 and the games that came after.

I would like to watch AI vs AI games, preferably huge battles, without taking a seat (like warcraft 3). Watching Player vs Player duels would also be a thing!
I know there was a map that allowed this, but it was just one map, and it had to be prepared in a special way, just 1 observer, etc.

I wonder if this would be possible, even if a work around for all maps, like a Observer race (or "A observer" (so it shows at top of the list of races)), with special invisible invulnerable flying unit or something, no buildings (so they don't take game space(but at same time they don't lose the game?)). Perhaps the unit could have a few "spells" that allow to change custom range vision, up to all map. Maybe AIs could be told to ignore this race/Unit, as players already should do so.
Also an observer hero could have 0 HP and die?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Observer mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Observer mode   Observer mode I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:04 pm

We already have this planned, along with the ability to spectate after defeat.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com

Observer mode
Page 1 of 1