The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting started

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dbbbbb
Squire
Squire
dbbbbb

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Getting started   Getting started I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 7:47 am

Hi guys,

I've just downloaded the 0.8.6 and the hotfix. I've installed them, followed the bits of the guide about running stably on WIn8, and got the game running. THere are almost no crashes, but two major issues -

1) on the classic campaign, there doesn't appear to be a way out of the starting location, Lizard and barbarian areas (these are available and connected, but there doesn't appear to be any connection to any other area, thus no way to progress)

2) on your new campaign, as soon as I complete a mission at the first location (any of the three - reinforce, join main group, take hidden passage) I get a message saying "thanks for completing the beta campaign".

What have I missed along the way??

Thanks for any help!
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 8:33 am

I've heard others with the first issue (and with the vanilla game) but never been able to reproduce it on my end. All I can say is try "restarting" the campaign by selecting the option to do so from the map screen. Or if that doesn't work, delete the "Saved Games" folder found in My Documents/The Protectors.

Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 2:30 am

The Protectors Campaign is not fully released. I'm afraid that's all that's available currently.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
dbbbbb
Squire
Squire
dbbbbb

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 4:25 am

Thanks to you both,

OK then, it looked like there were more missions that that from the screenshots that are around, but I'll check back in form time to time.

Thanks for bringing an old favourite back to life!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting started
Page 1 of 1