The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spell trees??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
N8
Knight
Knight
N8

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 11:00 pm

Every time my Hero levels up it always makes me put points into every spell from the beginning of the tree even if i already have that skill unlocked.

Basically the game keeps the points into each spell i selected to unlock a higher level spell in the tree but when i level up again and look at my spell tree all the points i put in the previous level up are still there but the skills themselves are grayed out. So i have to put points into the bottom of the tree and "unlock" those skills again in the same way but i already unlocked them before.
To explain it in the simplest form: every gained hero level makes me unlock my spell tree all over again but the points i assigned last level up are still where i put them.

Is this intentional or am i experiencing a bug?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 7:32 pm

It is intentional. You cannot have a high level resurrection without having high level lesser spells first. E.g. you cannot have cure level 2 without having heal self level 2 first.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
N8
Knight
Knight
N8

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 5:32 pm

ok thanks for the reply Smile

At some point will the lesser spells in the tree become permanently unlocked with enough points in them?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 7:25 pm

Not unless we redesign the whole thing (which is something planned). The only spell permanently unlocked is the first spell in the sphere, but even that one first requires unlocking the sphere's magic skill for some class-race combos (based on hero level).
Back to top Go down
N8
Knight
Knight
N8

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 10:52 am

i see. Also is there a way to boost my my magic sphere? Im using nature magic and it is locked at level 3 does it become unlocked at later levels?
Back to top Go down
Intikhab
Lord
Lord
Intikhab

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 11:19 am

Could we have the options so that we can reacquire the entire hero points spend any time. Say i put 10 points in spells but i want to change this after gaining level so that i can just take back all 10 points out of them or 5 points only or from perks or from attributes or from skills.

Also can we see the hero leveling all the time instead of just when we level as a hero info tab. So if we miss allocating points or game crashes we can still use the points or reallocate them whenever we want.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 2:15 am

Intikhab wrote:
Could we have the options so that we can reacquire the entire hero points spend any time. Say i put 10 points in spells but i want to change this after gaining level so that i can just take back all 10 points out of them or 5 points only or from perks or from attributes or from skills.

Respec-ing will be available only in The Protectors Campaign in several spots (later into the game). You will be able to change everything about your hero then.

Intikhab wrote:
Also can we see the hero leveling all the time instead of just when we level as a hero info tab. So if we miss allocating points or game crashes we can still use the points or reallocate them whenever we want.

This is something that will be added in the hero info panel at some point.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 2:17 am

N8 wrote:
i see. Also is there a way to boost my my magic sphere? Im using nature magic and it is locked at level 3 does it become unlocked at later levels?

Magic skills per say are never unlocked (and will be removed from the skill tree as they only cause confusion). Magic spheres can only be leveled up in the Spells tab. Currently, the +3 in the skill symbolizes the first 3 spells your hero got from the start, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
N8
Knight
Knight
N8

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 10:49 am

Yes that would alleviate a bit of confusion for sure for me at least!

I dont suppose you guys can give us a time frame for when the next build will be?

Keep up the good work, i have been spreading the news to my friends since i first stumbled upon this gem!
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 10:34 pm

Next release is somewhere in February (this year).
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 10:14 am

I can see spell trees becoming something a little more like this in future:
Spell trees?? E57f50665d47dc341c8e747a3cd59dc9
(I mean without the caps!)

There will likely be a host of new hero options unlocked when certain spells become separated or stuck into a special tree, though this is definitely something for the future!
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
N8
Knight
Knight
N8

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 8:12 pm

That would be very epic if you borrowed from Titan Quest as i think those skill trees were done very very well keeping skills relevant the entire game by making them based on weapon % rather than  flat damage.

Right now i feel like Healing overshadows most other spells and spell spheres as being one if not the best option. Being able to heal your entire army back to full in the middle of battle is very very attractive. As of right now i feel like the Nature sphere is one of the best as it has access to a cheap heal which also cures (gemberry) summons (unicorn and elemental) which adds more healing and a very nice damage spell (call lightning). Most other spheres are very niche and dont do well in all situations.
Are there any plans to revamp the spell spheres and make them all more useful?

As always keep up the excellent work and ill keep telling people to play this game.
Back to top Go down
Mealstorm
Lord
Lord
Mealstorm

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 3:00 am

N8 wrote:
That would be very epic if you borrowed from Titan Quest as i think those skill trees were done very very well keeping skills relevant the entire game by making them based on weapon % rather than  flat damage.

Right now i feel like Healing overshadows most other spells and spell spheres as being one if not the best option. Being able to heal your entire army back to full in the middle of battle is very very attractive. As of right now i feel like the Nature sphere is one of the best as it has access to a cheap heal which also cures (gemberry)  summons (unicorn and elemental) which adds more healing and a very nice damage spell (call lightning). Most other spheres are very niche and dont do well in all situations.
Are there any plans to revamp the spell spheres and make them all more useful?

As always keep up the excellent work and ill keep telling people to play this game.

Healing sphere is indeed very strong early, however some other spheres are much more OP later on.

I have almost level 70 Deamon runemaster, I got rune, arcane and fire magic at level 7.
First I apply all arcane buffs 2 times, which leaves them at 10mins+ duration. Then I can make myself highly resistant to all physical, magical and fire damage and then I go to one shot whole armies and bases. Empowered level 7 armageddon with increased range will pretty much take down whole base and everything in it. Runestone can take down anything far before it can reach me with range of several screens. It actually crash my game sometimes.

There is absolutely no reason to build a base. I can pretty much solo 1vs5 with hero alone.

Also I got 60 necromance who can thanks to quality-quantity proficiency summon endless numbers of skeletons. However in this case its better to build some building and convert as many mines possible, so you can upgrade skeletons to something more dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spell trees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell trees??   Spell trees?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spell trees??
Page 1 of 1