The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Heroes and new game version

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
radrater
Squire
Squire
radrater

Heroes and new game version Empty
PostSubject: Heroes and new game version   Heroes and new game version I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Hello, I have a problem, I was playing in the 0.8.3 and I have my heroes, but now I have installed the 0.8.4a and my heroes does not appear, is normal? how can I can repair it? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and new game version   Heroes and new game version I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 3:34 pm

http://www.moddb.com/games/the-protectors wrote:
WARNING! Chapters modified. All chapters reset
WARNING! Heroes modified. All heroes and saved games lost

So, yes it is normal and there is nothing to fix.
Back to top Go down
radrater
Squire
Squire
radrater

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and new game version   Heroes and new game version I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 10:36 pm

So... I have to begin each time....no?
Is a problem because I´d like to continue my heroes, I think that I prefer play in this old version a begin other time in the final version.

What do you do with that?
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and new game version   Heroes and new game version I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 3:20 am

radrater wrote:
So... I have to begin each time....no?
That was my point, yes.

But you can also store somewhere your HeroDataTPC.xcr (this file is in: My Documents/The Protectors) and paste it into the newer version.

Example:
1-You might have deleted the mentioned 0.8.3 file, so, now, you can save/store your 0.8.4 HeroDataTPC.xcr file (the current one, I believe) and then paste it into the upcoming 0.8.5 (the same location, since you need to delete/replace it everytime a new version comes out). That will make your old/0.8.4 heroes still available (but unbalanced with the game, that is why the warning is there. Also, some bugs might appear as result, or fixed bugs in the last oficial version will not be corrected as result). This goes for any version (0.8.3, 0.8.2, 0.8.1)

2-Or simply, when 0.8.5 version comes out, don't delete the refered folders and files. This option goes only for 0.8.4 or your current version.

This is up to you then: either you do this or begin again (the game is still in beta, but is getting more stable each time a version comes out).

hope it helps,
Zeto
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and new game version   Heroes and new game version I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 6:24 am

Restoring the files won't work, that is why the warning is there. The hero system has been modified and old heroes are no longer read by the new version. You COULD however reconstruct your hero from scratch using cheats.

After each install with such a warning, first delete your mydocument/theprotectors folder in order to avoid weird bugs.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes and new game version   Heroes and new game version I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes and new game version
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: