The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

[FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time   [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 4:56 am

I think Jealous-Editor is not covering this particular case:

This is very specific, but it could be worth a try. Imagine you have the following:
1. A series of countdowns (1 or 2 min each), each one showing up a scene event when reaches zero (they are all interconnected with consecutive flags, so when the first clock ends, a first scene is shown + second countdown starts and so on)
2. Random scene events when your hero steps on a event.

Issue: There is a probability (not very low, since I have “nano clocks” so to speak) that a scene event from 1. and a scene event from 2. pup up at same time. The result is 2. seems to have priority and 1. is ignored.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time   [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 6:28 am

Scene events are non interruptable even by other scene events. As such, you must pause the game in scene events type 2, so that the counter stops - making it impossible for scene events type 1 to trigger while in type 2.

You might also want to pause in type 1 so that other type 1 do not get triggered.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time   [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Sorry, I could have answered you yesterday since I’ve tried pausing every single scene event (1. and 2.) and the issue is no more (as now I see you have suggested wisely too). This thread only applies in case, for some reason (in my particular case, this option was dismissed), we need 1. and/or 2. scene-events in a non-pause mode.

When you play the Scenario, you will see I was trying not to use pause in 1. because I wanted to move an enemy unit (but pausing do it as well, not so cool as unpaused, but anyway, it works).

Seems extremely pedantic now… geek So perhaps you might want to send this into your newly created “Museum of WBC Bugs”. Cool
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time   [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 6:18 am

I would call that bad mapping if you ask me, but I suppose I could create a queue of events waiting to be triggered as soon as the current one finishes. scratch
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time   [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
I would call that bad mapping if you ask me, but I suppose I could create a queue of events waiting to be triggered as soon as the current one finishes. scratch

The scenario in question has 23 scene events ( sunny ). Perhaps wait for it (next week I think) and you can see if this deserves more thinking.

EDIT: I have just finished all campaigns I want to do (just need some time with ACT and other files to test it in campaign mode). This map discussed here is also finished and tested. Do you want to take a look at it, so you can close this topic?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time   [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 5:12 am

Nah, I'd rather not take more spoilers (the ship testing map was enough, I must know what it is all about now!). Albeit this is not really a bug, queuing scene events is not a bad suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time   [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 4:39 am

I am not sure if this fits this category or not and did not found this on bugs already fixed: When you have two countdowns (at least two) working at the same time from the beginning, the smaller is ignored when reaches zero. I have to use a flag event to turn this around in other possible way, but it is no equal replacement. I think this is pertinent since you might want multiple countdowns working at the same time on their own ways (say one for a "give some armies" event to your team, another to an enemy, another to change AI, etc.).

I am assuming this has nothing to do with this already fixed bug? Rolling Eyes

Kharn on Wikia wrote:
9. A timed event that requires additional conditions that is triggered, but then has the conditions undone will still continue on. I.E. […]
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time   [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 4:27 am

Is this a bug? Is this still happening in 0.8.9?
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time   [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 7:56 pm

As stated, this was already fixed (Sirian knows when). Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time   [FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Queued scene events triggered at the same time
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Bugs reporting-
Jump to: