The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 12:25 am

1. If a titan was destroyed while a 2x2 foot print sized unit is positioned directly north of the Titan, then it wont explode. FIXED

2. A Titan obtained from a quest counts as you building your own Titan, thus removing its access from your buildings. A resurrected Titan originally did this, too, but was "fixed" for 1.03. This is why I deem this quest variant one a bug. FIXED

3. If an AI resigns and thus causing any of its towers to collapse, any units in them at the time wont be removed from play immediately, but will be left there on the map unresponsive and uninteractive. They will eventually be removed after some time has passed.
FIXED
4. Human player controlled builders cannot build a building directly under them and will always move north 1 square before placing the building down. This means they will build the building in a different place to where the Human player ordered. FIXED

5. New recruits offered after a match has ended can choose from dead units that had yet to decompose before the battle was over. FIXED

6. Retinue units that had died but not decomposed before the battle was over do not count as being killed and thus remain in your retinue. FIXED

7. A unit ordered to move will move at the speed it had at the time it was ordered, even if its speed had changed during movement. I.E: a unit with a speed of 6 that was told to move will move at a speed of 6 until it gets to its destination or issued another command. If, during movement, its speed then changed to 12, the unit would still move at a speed of 6. This applies to attack speeds, too. FIXED

8. The Zombie ability "Feast of Garok" occasionally fails to gather resources, despite removing nearby corpses. The same thing applies to Bronze Golems and their ability to scavenge rubble. FIXED

9. Minotaur Axe Throwers can eat animals with their projectiles. Normally, if an Axe Thrower was told to attack (and eat) an animal, it would disabled its ranged attack and run up to it, adding logic to the situation. But stray projectiles that hit animals will cause them to be eaten. The same thing applies to ranged spells cast from the Minotaur Hero and Shaman. Yes, they can eat Cows by blasting them with fire! FIXED

10. Ice Guards don't actually do triple damage vs Dwarves. There's a typo in the source code that is responsible for this. N/A

11. Flying units spawned over terrain regarded as being impassible for grounded troops are still destroyed, despite not being impassible for them. FIXED

12. Spider Priestesses that try to spawn a Queen Spider while their pop cap is full loose their mana, despite their spell not actually casting. FIXED

13. Iron Golems that try to spawn a Firebomb while their pop cap is full loose their mana, despite their spell not actually casting. FIXED

14. Succubi can create Souls from Souls. This can be exploited in 2 ways. 1) It allows a Succubus to "push" inaccessible Souls towards accessible areas for grounded Daemons to devour. 2) It can be used to "lengthen" the duration a Soul has before it expires. FIXED

15. Like with Minotaur Axe Throwers, Summoners are meant to obtain Souls on contact, but yet their stray ranged attacks could hit a Soul and thus consume it from afar. A Daemon Hero's ranged spells can also target and consume Souls for afar for him. (Interestingly, electric projectiles don't cause damage on stray hits but yet can pop Souls.....) FIXED

16. Ghouls do not actually cause disease, but the help box says they do. Logic would suggest they should. FIXED

17. The T-Rex's movement animation is too fast for its movement speed. (It needs to use the frame latency from within its .arm file to slow it down) FIXED

18. Saving a game when a unit is in motion, crossing 2 squares, can result in the unit becoming stuck when the game is reloaded. I think this happens when the unit is exactly between two squares - thus having no valid position to reload to.

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:41 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Checking what's done.)
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:07 am

I've "sorted" out number 17 (the T-Rex) on my end, but for the standard game. Although I could give you the modified .arm file, the rest of the stats will be balanced towards 1.03 and will need re-tweaking.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:13 am

A couple more (may be documented somewhere else though): Engineers and Chameleons can cast Earthpower and Invisibility when set on any magic mode despite the respective researches not being researched. - this was fixed as well

I think there's also a bug where a high level Iron Golem can summon multiple Firebombs despite only having 1 army cap left. - scratch that, it doesn't matter in the Protectors Rolling Eyes.

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Checking what's done.)
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 4:38 am

Please send me the file Kharn, either that or tell me what was modified and by how much.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 5:25 am

I don't remember and it was done through a hex editor so the numbers used there may not match what ever I2's tool may say.
It'll probably be easier to note down the T-Rex stats on your end (anything that Dal Gurak's editor can edit) and just input them back.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 7:45 am

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
8. The Zombie ability "Feast of Garok" occasionally fails to gather resources, despite removing nearby corpses. The same thing applies to Bronze Golems and their ability to scavenge rubble.
Out of interest, is this being caused by putting a scavenger on magic defender and the unit AI tries to infinitely scavenge for something that's out of reach?

10. Ice Guards don't actually do triple damage vs Dwarves. There's a typo in the source code that is responsible for this.
In all honesty, I'd love to keep it that way. I don't want Elves vs Dwarves to be all about elf infantry vs dwarf infantry with some ranged/aerial backup. It's also somewhat unbalanced since the Dwarf Infantry's slayer ability is essentially three times more effective than the elven one.

Another one to add to this list: The selection ring for huge units doesn't change when they gain experience. FIXED

Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Checking what's done.)
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 7:54 am

I agree with Joe, all triple racial damage should be removed from units.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:05 am

I've sent you the modified T-Rex arm file directly to your e-mail (the one you gave me long ago). Like I said before, this was for 1.03 so the stats will need changing back to what ever they are in The Protectors.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 9:03 pm

Joe the Bartender wrote:
8. The Zombie ability "Feast of Garok" occasionally fails to gather resources, despite removing nearby corpses. The same thing applies to Bronze Golems and their ability to scavenge rubble.
Out of interest, is this being caused by putting a scavenger on magic defender and the unit AI tries to infinitely scavenge for something that's out of reach?
I will need more information about this one, since I am unable to reproduce it.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 6:43 am

I'll have to perform multiple tests to try and find a pattern - but I've only ever seen it while "manually" casting the ability.

P.S: Amazing work at fixing all these bugs! Seriously - you've removed many that have plagued the Warlords Battlecry series since the very first game and yet all within only a few weeks!
Why couldn't I2 have done that?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 7:14 am

Kharn wrote:
P.S: Amazing work at fixing all these bugs! Seriously - you've removed many that have plagued the Warlords Battlecry series since the very first game and yet all within only a few weeks!
Why couldn't I2 have done that?
I2 has not been initialized in the sacred ritual of devouring bugs for pleasure and satisfaction. Years of training are required tongue
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Joe the Bartender wrote:
I will need more information about this one, since I am unable to reproduce it.

I see this everytime when Zombies are on magic attitude, as Joe has reported before. When attacking (with undead) introduce zombies within your army and make each group with same atitude (magic defender/attacker).
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 6:12 pm

This one is berween units and editor:
When you load a scenario, on editor some units change their initial places, avoiding a box-event. This sometimes replaces them into void or mountains thus forcing the game to desktop (not regularly).
[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units <a href=[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units Box_ev10" />
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 4:22 am

The infinite scavenge bug has been fixed. Number 18 apparently still happens even in 0.8.9, though I've yet to see it since the slight fix introduced in 0.8.8.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 6:41 pm

All bugs fixed. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units   [FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] [Jealous Swarm Bugs] Units
Page 1 of 1