The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ehlanna or Ehlenna

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 5:45 pm

this is an off topic question:

Is it Queen Ehlanna or Queen Ehlenna (or else?).
In Etherian Tears says is the first. But I am not sure after hearing some ice guard speech files.

And the same with Aranea/Aracnea (is that "c" mute?) when hearing some Spider Pristess speech files too.

I am creating some mini campaigns (5 missions max) for my own amusement (I can send it when finished if you wish. Perhaps you have lot of material anyway? your call).
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Ehlanna is written in the official loading screen stories, maybe the voice actor had problems pronouncing that? Not sure about the other one though.

Version 0.8.5 supports custom chapters where anyone will be able to create and share their own "chapters" with the community. We could have a few built-in with the release to serve as examples so send them over.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 4:48 am

TPC campaign makes reference to a second Twilight war. Is there any place where I can find info on the first? It could be made a mini-campaign out of it, but I can’t find any info on Etherian Tears… the only material google gives me is WBC2 campaign (“Battle for Etheria”).
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Try the unified history of etheria: http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/Lore
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Cool, it reminds me Hesiod's "Theogony" sometimes...

Off-the-box, crazy thinking: What about bringing “The Tears of Dawn” WBC1 campaign into TPC? I am not sure if you guys can do it easily or not. Well, if that can’t be done (If you can’t simply transpose it to TPC), then we could remake it, right? (BTW, bringing WBC3 campaign is just a question of time, I think).
Insane for sure, epic work (talking about 35 scenarios), long run project (I have some remade scenarios already)… What are we waiting for?
Some things are bugging me however: How could I make a Dark/Light crossroads within campaign? Characters will influence TPC campaign and/or Official Chapters (Cross-reference)? Could we use the original speech recordings instead of text based dialogs? And so on… Not sure if this is desired anyway and I couldn’t do it myself (SCN, NIS, LOC, ACT, MAP yes I could, but not the other stuff).
Just thinking. It can bring more people into TPC project.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:28 pm

Well, I was going to keep this a secret until 0.9.x launch, but I guess I should spill it out now that you've asked.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 7:42 pm

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
Well, I was going to keep this a secret until 0.9.x
Sorry for that… I simply woke up this morning thinking that it could be awesome. I didn’t construct up that possibility on my head… I know Wbc1 SCN don’t work on TPC, so I’ve done a few, taking first a Print-Screen of the mini map and secondly, create it again on TPC Editor. They are already available here:
https://the-protectors.forumotion.com/t170-tpc-skirmish-maps
The main problem was: I couldn’t reproduce exactly, point by point, frame by frame (etc, etc. I haven’t tried that, to be honest, but I think some little differences here and there will be a plus for us: having exactly the same remade scenarios is a hell of a work. I will not do that, sorry). So, it must be some kind of remake, a very close one. And I think I did just that in those maps (some things must be changed but generally speaking, the idea is there). Not sure if you want them like that or else. Only Wbc1 topography was used (with mixed features), special features in the right place, etc, etc (neither characters nor events, so not all time was lost there). Archanon.Scn is even on Wikia for instance… I can help, yes. Just give me some feedback on the already made work. (35 .SCN? Oh yeah, prepare to die Editor! – I need to study 4 Movie soundtracks for other works and I like to do something else while listening, so, no real problem).
Back to top Go down

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 12:45 pm

Sorry, this is a bit late.

Aranea is a fantasy creature found in D&D

And is also the latin name for a genus of Orb-weaver Spiders

So I think Aranea is correct.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi!
Thank you for the info (TAK campaign is already done anyway). We are looking for new campaigns and/or side quests related with WBC lore only, especially Etherian Tears: http://www.freewebs.com/etheriantears/loreofetheria.htm

Aranea was the best choice also.
BTW, if anyone out there has a general idea for a mini campaign (story related with WBC, maps, and dialogs), and if help is needed on bringing it to existence, I could help a bit with files and testing (if it is not huge Twisted Evil ).
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
the dialogues (easy peasy now, still need to extract the voices though).

This is not a priority but I am going to forget this: Speech files for each mission are separated by characters, as you know very well. Since they will need a little correction (mostly clicks) I thought they could be all incorporated into one single mp3 file. Then you could pop them up simply with a music command. There are some exceptions here and there, but I will make it work for you as long you have no other plans.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:36 pm

No, people read at different speeds. Each speech should activate upon user click, which is why they are separated for each character.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:14 pm

My original WBC1 campaign had no readable dialogues, just audio. I thought you were going to keep it that way. I can put all dialogues written down properly and each audio separately (first click activates a written speech, the second, audio), but the following are my two limitations (someone will make a revision, so no big deal):
1. I’ve tried myself once (looooong time ago) to write down these dialogues and I remember I found some Paridian speeches rather eloquent (couldn’t even find some of his words on an Oxford dictionary);
2. Elnaria portrait is still missing (I believe she is the lonely one here).
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:44 pm

The wbc1 campaign had no subtitles, but in a modern game that is unacceptable. Also, I would make it so NIS audio will not require any clicks, so that the audio and subtitles would be triggered at the same time.
1. I am sure if we put all of our heads together we will manage. Wilberwind is an English guru, specialized even in old-English so she will definitely be of help.
2. Ehlanna or Ehlenna Zyc93o

EDIT: subtitles will also allow the translated versions to update the campaign, even without voice actors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ehlanna or Ehlenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ehlanna or Ehlenna   Ehlanna or Ehlenna I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ehlanna or Ehlenna
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: