The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WBC2 Voices?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
R17inator
Squire
Squire
R17inator

WBC2 Voices? Empty
PostSubject: WBC2 Voices?   WBC2 Voices? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 5:51 pm

Hello there.

I was just wondering if you guys can replace or swap the voices of some units (such as the Archon, Dark Elven Sorcerer and High Elven Dragon Knight) with the voices they had in WBC2.

I personally prefer some of the WBC2 voices over the WBC1/WBC3 ones, but if you don't want to replace or swap them, then I'm still fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

WBC2 Voices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBC2 Voices?   WBC2 Voices? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 6:14 pm

It certainly is possible, but what is the opinion of the community? Let's do a quick vote!

I personally like the WBC3 variant.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

WBC2 Voices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBC2 Voices?   WBC2 Voices? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:35 pm

No.

If we’re talking about replacing TPC’s voice set with Wbc2, then, to defend diversity, I would say no: wbc2 voices were done from very few artists (dragonknight, archon, some wood elf units are the same actor; some dark elf units made by another one, etc.). I’ve also complained about the quality of some wbc2 voices (IMO they would need reworking, if you decide to implement them. Also, they were done specifically to work with WBC2 OST: softer than most of the other OST collection). Generally speaking, this is just me, but I hate the transition from WBC1 to WBC2 (not only Audio, but absence of interesting campaign, graphics and some issues on game play). 

There are good news however: if Patrick wants to use some of the “new heroes voice set“, then wbc2 voices will appear on TPC as special characters/heroes. I think this option would be more interesting in terms of novelty. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

WBC2 Voices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBC2 Voices?   WBC2 Voices? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 12:21 am

Although there are some pretty cool voices for WBC2, most are worse than the WBC1/WBC3 ones I think.

Specifically, I do like the deep voice of the Archon in WBC2, but what he says and how he says it is worse to me. I'd rather take the WBC3 Archon voice and try to make that deeper if possible. Likewise the WBC2 Dragon Knight is a bit too flamboyant and the Sorcerer sounds like a 60's villain imo.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

WBC2 Voices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBC2 Voices?   WBC2 Voices? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 7:09 pm

Joe the Bartender wrote:
I'd rather take the WBC3 Archon voice and try to make that deeper if possible.

The only thing that crosses my mind is pitch change (just like you did with manticore ready, but this time, lowering the pitch). What do you say?
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

WBC2 Voices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBC2 Voices?   WBC2 Voices? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Actually, the WBC3 archon voice as is is one of my favorites. I wish it not modified.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

WBC2 Voices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBC2 Voices?   WBC2 Voices? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Archon remains and several WBc2 voices used as hero ones for 0.8.6 or new units
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

WBC2 Voices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBC2 Voices?   WBC2 Voices? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 4:55 am

In my opinion, a lot of the WBC2 voices weren't very good or were outclassed by the WBC1 voices. Take the Liches for example. Although their WBC2 voice isn't bad by any means, it's just that the WBC1 version is vastly superior.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

WBC2 Voices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBC2 Voices?   WBC2 Voices? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 4:07 pm

absolutely, I agree. But i think we reached a limit for good wbc2 voices already for 0.8.6. WBC1 voices were almost all used except some very poor (like the high elves/wood elves) or are already planned for possible new units.

For now my biggest concern is with the faerie dragon (easy); Melkor/Anthrag/Iriki; leprechaun and khazrimi guard voices. I tried (bis), but I can't get no satisfaction!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WBC2 Voices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBC2 Voices?   WBC2 Voices? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WBC2 Voices?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Suggestions-
Jump to: