The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unit Tweaks

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

Unit Tweaks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unit Tweaks   Unit Tweaks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 9:07 pm

Joe the Bartender wrote:
Resource Costs - Also should probably be similar to vanilla. Like Build Time, it needs to be enough in order to make each unit relatively valuable otherwise the game will just be resolved by spamming units which would be detrimental to strategic gameplay.

Not sure if you are already considering this: Wbc3 plaguelords are a joke in comparison to TPC. It is an amazing race to play with but… I believe they are very dependent on crystal. Every unit needs crystal (except zombies, catapults and slimes – and almost every research except infantry ones). And since there is no “ancient wisp” kind of unit to balance this issue, I think it will be for the best changing some costs to stone/gold (eyes) or metal/gold (hydras)?
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Unit Tweaks   Unit Tweaks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 5:15 am

Don't worry I'll check through the Plaguelords Smile. I believe the Fire/Ice Caves were also one of the reasons why the Plaguelords were so bad in vanilla.

I've been going through the Army.cfg list and I've found a fair amount of various units which aren't being cached with the correct races. For example, the Unicorn is cached with the High Elves but not with the Fey and the Basilisk is being cached with the Orcs. I'll go through it and fix everything I can find whilst I'm doing all this unit stuff.

So far the changes are looking promising Cool.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

PostSubject: Re: Unit Tweaks   Unit Tweaks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 9:05 pm

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
I'm surprised the Ssrathi Snake Priests did not get a mention. With their range researches they raze any base in a matter of seconds! Twisted Evil

About ranged units: some can’t hit buildings under construction (e.g. towers: they attack but only hit them when the tower is half way done). Undead skulls are very weak in comparison to imps and snake priests (you must wait for liches, fliers and doomnights to match the enemies’ flying units).
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Unit Tweaks   Unit Tweaks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 8:44 am

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
I'm surprised the Ssrathi Snake Priests did not get a mention. With their range researches they raze any base in a matter of seconds! Twisted Evil

Weirdly, these seem to be ok right now.

At the moment most things seem balanced (outside of the damage researches), but there are a couple of problems which have surfaced. Funnily enough, most of the problems are to do with the Dark Dwarves Rolling Eyes.

Research

• Siegecraft - +4 Range to all siege weapons is too much. I'm not even sure if this research should exist. Essentially, the game instantly becomes a missile-off, in which case the Dark Dwarves can't possibly lose. DONE

• Iron Fist - Looks innocent, but is actually fairly horrible. The only thing which stops those Golems from hitting really hard all the time is their poor Combat stat. This research eliminates a weakness that was purposefully implemented to stop Golems from destroying everything with ease. That said, once the damage-based research has been sorted out, Iron Fist may be ok.

• Forge - Nuts with Siege Weapons. This just ends up becoming too strong, which is what should be expected when speed is given to powerful ranged units Neutral. Many races have too much trouble chasing down the sped-up Siege units and others don't even have enough speed to catch them up at all.

• Spare Parts - Eliminates yet another vulnerability. This one isn't as bad as Iron Fist, Siegecraft or Forge though. I'd like to see what happens after the other stuff has been sorted out before I think about this one.

• Forgotten Power - This isn't broken, but why do Dark Dwarves get better Undead than the Undead?

Units

• Shadows (for the Dark Dwarves) - Giving a physically invulnerable race access to elemental resistance is bonkers, especially when combined with  Forgotten Power. Wraiths are fine with the Dark Dwarves, but Shadows need to go. DONE

• Stone Golem, Iron Golem and Bronze Golem - I've been thinking about taking away their ability to hit flying a long time ago. After what I've seen so far, I'm inclined to do so. Iron Golems are the biggest offenders here, since it's like getting the Salamander and giving it the ability to hit flying (though its splash does hit flying afaik). DONE

• Gobshooter - This guy's minimum range is ~1. In dev log

Last edited by Joe the Bartender on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Marking what's done)
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Unit Tweaks   Unit Tweaks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 9:09 am

Ack, getting crashes whenever the AI plays as Undead, Fey or Plaguelords Sad. I'm going to guess this has something to do with production (which also needs to be discussed at some point too). DONE

Last edited by Joe the Bartender on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Marking what's done)
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Unit Tweaks   Unit Tweaks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 9:20 pm

Joe wrote:
Coloured experience rings for Huge units. Blue rings when selecting an allied unit or building instead of red.
- implemented in 0.8.5
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unit Tweaks   Unit Tweaks - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unit Tweaks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2