The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TPC Skirmish Maps

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 3:50 am

If you get bored playing the same maps over and over again and if you have, like me, the same pathological need to create your own maps, then you should… create your own . Seriously, I want to share these maps here. All wagons were erased so all maps can function properly. This may also work as “suggestion”. You have historical battles and some WBC1 campaign maps. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8yue1rhfs27319m/TPC+Maps.zip
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 3:05 am

Wow that's a nice and large collection of scenarios. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:28 pm

After more consideration, we would like to include 5 skirmish maps and 5 classical maps into the official TPC skirmish maps that will be distributed with the upcoming release. Also, we would like to use all the historical battles scenarios for a side quest in the protector's campaign, if you agree, of course.

The only modifications/adaptations we would bring are:
  1. Add a "(Re)Made by zeto" popup for skirmishes.
  2. Reset all units and buildings stats.
  3. Force the mode to "No heroes" for historical battles.*

The maps in question are:

• wbc1 classical maps: New Illuria, Why Not, The Hot Spot, Dwarven Hills
  • tpc skirmish maps: Baptism of Fire, Battle of Serenthgur, Naval Wars, Violent Meetings, The White Night
  • historical battles: all

*Necessary for storyline - the sidequest will be story-mode a.k.a. someone will talk about "all the battles that happened long ago" to your actual, present hero - only that the stories are interactive and you have to respect the historical facts (i.e. win with the side that actually won) otherwise you fail to understand/memorize/whatever the story and do not receive a reward (xp most likely).
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 11:06 pm

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:

There's no need to do that. But I suggest you look into "Naval wars": I don't know if heroes are converting... just test it out first, since it's an unusual map.

Those maps are here for wathever intention you like, so... Go, go team!
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 11:42 pm

Zetoo wrote:
Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:

There's no need to do that.

I insist. There's no need for modesty here.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Also, you might want to upload your maps on the wiki: http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/Map_Downloads
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 9:49 pm

ok, but not going to spam them all at once... What is the 5th map from "wbc1 map" folders that you want to use? just to avoid posting there since it is "official".
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:26 pm

There is no fifth map, all the "official" maps are listed above.
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:32 pm

All your buildings work on wbc3 last version?
I'm finding the process of uplaoding a little painfull there...
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 11:55 pm

No, those maps are only compatible with TPC alone. I suppose you can add at Requirements: The Protectors mod? Maybe Joe the Bartender can give you a hand with the upload.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 4:47 am

The maps will need to be uploaded to a different site, as the wiki only allows for images to be hosted. Everyone seems to be using Mediafire, but when I tried using it, it said I MUST download and install something before I could upload anything. I immediately refused as I've bad experiences with that site. In the end, Joe uploaded them for me, but I created the pages on the wiki.

Also there is some kind of issue with the polls on the wiki, which forces us with the need to remember what the last poll was (which was on one of my maps) and how to differentiate them despite being the same, so I would suggest you leave out the polls and I'll add them in for you.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:45 am

I can help upload any maps if needed. I think I've also got a small pile of maps which haven't seen the light yet, I'll upload those whenever I can.

Talking about maps, is there any way to play specific music tracks via an event? For example, a wave of enemies has been spawned to attack a castle, and the player needs to defend the ramparts. When the enemies are spawned an event could be triggered to play some dramatic castle defence music or something like that. Options could be: Play single track, play Playlist, have an option for either to be continuous and an option for when the music will turn back to normal again (if any).
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 6:57 pm

Joe the Bartender wrote:
I can help upload any maps if needed. I think I've also got a small pile of maps which haven't seen the light yet, I'll upload those whenever I can.

Talking about maps, is there any way to play specific music tracks via an event? For example, a wave of enemies has been spawned to attack a castle, and the player needs to defend the ramparts. When the enemies are spawned an event could be triggered to play some dramatic castle defence music or something like that. Options could be: Play single track, play Playlist, have an option for either to be continuous and an option for when the music will turn back to normal again (if any).

That can be done using NIS events - I just implemented that this version (0.8.4) for modular music. Won't work in vanilla though.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:58 am

Back in WBC1 there was actually an event that could change the music track, but it was never given to the public. However, there are still remnants of that old event still lingering around in WBC3. When I was hexing map events I stumbled across it. I can tell it came from WBC1 as the default extension for the music file was ".mid", a file type that was never seen in the following 2 games.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:04 am

Here's a pile of maps I've found. Some of them haven't been played on in a while so there could be some unknown problems with them but other than that they should hopefully be fun. In future I'm probably going to make some more WBC2 tileset maps as there seems to be a lack of them at the moment. Also if you need any help mapping stuff or writing/planning some chapter and campaign bits I wouldn't mind lending a hand.

Whilst I was going through the editor, it occurred to me that there may be some problem with placing features. I'm not sure if this problem is shared with units/buildings as well but when trying to place features their collision boxes seem to be shifted above where they are. Here's some screenies of it:
TPC Skirmish Maps Latest?cb=20150202214453
TPC Skirmish Maps Latest?cb=20150202214515
TPC Skirmish Maps Latest?cb=20150202214556
TPC Skirmish Maps Latest?cb=20150202214619
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Joe the Bartender wrote:
[...]they should hopefully be fun. In future I'm probably going to make some more WBC2 tileset maps[...]

Those maps are fun indeed. Much epicenes with 40+ level heroes!

If you’re going to work on WBC2 maps with TPC editor then try this (maybe a GUI bug, don’t know):
Fill a map with:
Wbc2 desert--> Basic--> dunes4 
But it seems it turns out to be Desert--> basic --> desert(1?) when you play it instead.

I really don’t know how to upload maps on wbc3Wiki Joe… I’m Feeling like a veteran dummy. Can you please tell me how to do it, or upload those maps for me (when you have the time of course)? Pat has made his own effort, publicizing and bringing people to TPC, now it’s our (my) time to do so, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 4:31 am

After checking this tile problem out, I've managed to find a bunch of other problems with the WBC2 tileset ranging from minor ID errors to rendering problems. I'll list them below:

• TSX4 (WBC2 Desert tile #4) is conflicting with TSX4 from Kharn's Desert pack. This is probably my doing, it should really be TSP4 to conform with the other WBC2 desert tiles Embarassed.
  • A whole range of grass dirt road tiles are conflicting with Patrick's Gap of Ar tiles. These range from TPG0 through TPG9.
  • TDWJ (Dirt Wall Corner N-W #1) isn't even rendering at all. I hope this is because the tile has been left out by accident and that this can be fixed easily enough.
  • High Grass Plains #5 doesn't have an icon, but this could be because it never had one in WBC2. I will go ahead and fix it shortly.
  • Snow Blood Lake tile icons have always been incorrect since WBC2. I've got no idea what's going on with them, perhaps the renderer thought the cliffs were blood and the liquid was snow or something Neutral.
  • In the Snow tileset, a piece of the Blood Lake is being duplicated and listed as Hill #4.
  • (Snow) Hill #3 is a Mound tile rather than a Hill.

I'll take a look at and try to fix the ones I can.

Don't worry about the maps, I can upload them onto Mediafire easily enough and can post you the links for each map.
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 8:30 am

Just for the record, all new tiles I make will begin with a "K". It's too late to change the old ones, but I can at least prepare for future ones. Also, below is a list of all the tile ID ranges I have used. As this is quite important, perhaps it should be given its own thread - and stickied? Also, please note that they're in set order - not alphabetical order.

The following IDs have been used:

Kharn's library of tile IDs wrote:
KCFA-T (Caverns - Flooded)

KFCA-P (Fey castle)
KFF1 (Flower fields)

KGCA-P (Grass cliffs)

KHS1-9 (Hot Spot)

KICA-P (Imperial castle)

KMWA-N (Marsh to deep water)

KWCA-L (White castle)
KWF1-9 (Water features)

//////////////////////////////////////////

CFA1-D4  (Yrm castle)
DFC1-9   (Evil dirt cave)
DTDA-P   (Dirt to higher dirt)
LC1A-P   (Dirt crater)
CTA1-I4 (Massive dirt crater)
UNR1-4   (Dirt ruins feature)

DMH0-P   (Dirt mountain-hills)
DMT1-P   (Dirt mountain-hill transitions)
DMM0-P   (Dirt mountains)

ML1A-AD  (Mountain lake)
MRW1-4   (Mountain lake river)

DC1A-16  (Desert coasts)
DCA1-H4  (Large desert coasts)

DD1A-6D  (Desert dunes)
OA1A-4A  (Dsert oasis)
ODP1-8   (Desert pyramid)
SGA1-B5  (Desert to grass)

GDT1-8   (Dragon temple)
GBB0-5   (Small grass bridge set)
LGB1-4   (Large grass bridge)
GCA1-G4  (Grass chasm feature)
GBK0-3   (Ruined church)
GFBT     (Blue tear)
GFRT     (Red tear)
GFC1-2   (Crop patches)
GFEG     (Empire gallows)

GP10-3   (Paving)
GPA1-9 (Paving)
GPT1-2   (Paving feature)

GSEA-Q   (Grass stage)
SSWA-Q   (Stage water)
SSEA-P   (Upper stage)

GLR0-4   (Grass lakes)
GRB1-6   (Grass bridges over rivers)
GRC1-4   (Grass river coasts)
GRN1-8   (Grass rivers)
LRA1-D4  (Large grass rivers)

RGR1-8   (Rock rivers to grass rivers)
RRC1-2   (Rock river crossway)
RRCA-D   (Rock river coasts)
RRLA-P   (Large rock rivers)
RRSA-H   (Rock rivers)

GRTA-V   (Rock to grass)

SBB0-5   (Snow bridge)
SHSA-X   (Snow cliffs)
SF3A-D   (Large snow hill feature)
SF4A-D   (Large snow hill feature)
SFH1-2   (Snow hill features)
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 1:05 am

I've fixed all of the WBC2 terrain issues that I know about except for the grass path ID ones. If necessary I can change these, but it would mean the grass dirt path IDs won't conform with the other dirt path IDs.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 1:28 am

Relax, I'll just modify my Gap of Ar tiles.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 1:57 am

Ok bounce. Here's a link to the fixed WBC2 Terrain.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, is anyone else having these weird feature placement/collision box issues as well? The problem doesn't seem to occur for buildings, but it does extend itself to units (at least units larger than 1x1).
TPC Skirmish Maps Latest?cb=20150204143909

Last edited by Joe the Bartender on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention the editor problem I'm having)
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 3:26 am

Seems like they're set to a 1x1 footprint. It's Probably an intended feature to help pathing issues in game. The old mod team did exactly this for 1.03.23, but they left Siege Weapons and Titans as 2x2 (as well as the Giant, but that was an over sight).
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 4:14 am

That's the thing though. In the Protectors, Siege weapons (besides the Manticore) are still 2x2 and they seem to be having the same collision box/placement issue as Features are (seen previously in this thread). For whatever reason when attempting to place a feature, the collision box for the thing which is being placed is shifted up. In the picture, the Battering Rams on the right are correctly placed. The ones on the left are overlapping.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 2:08 am

Zetoo wrote:
Can you please tell me how to do it, or upload those maps for me (when you have the time of course)?

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to upload maps onto the Wiki. Do you have a mediafire account or anything to individually upload the map files to? I've got all of them uploaded and can give each individual map's link if needed.

Last edited by Joe the Bartender on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Finished the Map Upload Guide)
Back to top Go down
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 1:22 am

Joe the Bartender wrote:

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to upload maps onto the Wiki. Do you have a mediafire account or anything to individually upload the map files to? I've got all of them uploaded and can give each individual map's link if needed.

Thanks. Well if you got all already individualy uploaded, then if you don't mind posting here those links. i've got them uploaded but in one single file. Nice work, thanks for your time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TPC Skirmish Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPC Skirmish Maps   TPC Skirmish Maps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TPC Skirmish Maps
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next