The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hero Classes and Skills

Go down 
+6
TheHiddenOne
Intikhab
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Joe the Bartender
Zetoo
Kharn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Hero Classes and Skills - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Classes and Skills   Hero Classes and Skills - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 6:39 am

Thanks! Feedback always helps TPC get even better.  sunny

Regarding the hero system, that's the sort of thing I had in mind too, perhaps dividing the pools a little more (so skill choices could be out of three different options for each skill), less restrictions on races (such as allowing an Undead Paladin with Healing Magic) and without any native racial access to spell spheres. Natural spell spheres were taken out for balancing reasons and aren't coming back.

Onimenokatana wrote:
P.S.: if devs are too busy with other stuff, I myself can do this fixed skill tab and pool choices (will require some weeks for balancing).
I wouldn't recommend doing this at the moment sorry. Heroes are changing rapidly and I fear any external project will become outdated. As heroes are changing so rapidly, the systems used may not be compatible anymore. It will still help give us ideas and suggestions, but much of it may end up being incompatible. We would be very appreciative, but I'm just saying create at your own risk! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Onimenokatana
Prince
Prince
Onimenokatana

Hero Classes and Skills - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Classes and Skills   Hero Classes and Skills - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 7:09 am

Thanks for replying and I understand your point, I feared the rapid shifting of the game could make the system obsolete, that's why I asked its hypotetical release. I don't know how much would heroes change in the next version, so if we want we could work together to implement this stuff together with new changes you had in mind; elseway I'd understand it's not the right time, even if, however, the mechanic could still be used as a basic idea as you said.
For the magic spheres I didn't mean that a race could grant a fixed one, nor a class (as what I thought was general professions, like "Mage" who can use pyromagic as a skill and not "Pyromancer"), but that they could let the player choose, eventually, certain magic spheres (from the pool, deriving itself from race and class choice).
Anyway, let me know if I can be of any help with the progression system. In any case I hope it will be more customizable in skill choices, in a manner or another, as the RPG component is what made the difference in this game I believe.
Back to top Go down

Hero Classes and Skills
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3