The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Assassinate (cap?)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Uumdi
Squire
Squire
Uumdi

Assassinate (cap?) Empty
PostSubject: Assassinate (cap?)   Assassinate (cap?) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:29 pm

I always loved the idea of the Assassin class and was even more psyched when WBC3 allowed any race to become one, but it soon became apparent that there was no skill cap with the new leveling system.  

I love how you're able to spend level-up points in every area once again, and have more leverage over boosting skills / stats / and activating the spell tree, but because of the extra points I had a level 7 Assassin with a 34% success rate already.  It was only my second game and I pooped on 3 heroes in the first 5 minutes, one of which was a warrior.

WBC and WBC2 limited you to like 12 (16 for dark elf), so I don't know if lowering the % / level is the correct fix, or if it's possible to put a cap around 20 - allowing people to build attack speed if they really want to be an insane unit killer.

I'm not a competitive player, so if I'm just whining shut me up.  I sure as hell don't feel this broken playing a sage though, haha
Back to top Go down
Kharn

Assassinate (cap?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinate (cap?)   Assassinate (cap?) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 5:32 am

Heroes in WBC3 really need looking into as they become amazingly powerful and very early on. Without a level cap nor ability cap you can do some insane things, some things that are too much for the game to even handle!
However, Assassins are nowhere near as broken as other Heroes, especially when compared to some mages. An Assassin can only really deal damage towards units and aren't usually that tough. A high level Warrior, on the other hand, can be unstoppable with stupid HP regen and bulk so high that he can't be cracked to begin with. On top of that, they can end up doing as much damage as an Assassination blow (which doesn't actually kill the unit out right, but instead deals 1000 damage), making each hit essentially an Assassination blow and against even buildings and no enemy Hero reduced chance. (The chance of assassinating a Hero is reduced by half the target's level. I.E: With 30% chance assassination vs a level 50 Hero, you actually only have a 5% chance to assassinate)
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

Assassinate (cap?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinate (cap?)   Assassinate (cap?) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 5:36 am

Most of what I said above can be discarded - I forgot this was the Protectors forum. (I had to run to the shops half way through my post and forgot which version of the game we were talking about!)
Back to top Go down
Vellulvl

Assassinate (cap?) Empty
PostSubject: Assassin cap   Assassinate (cap?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 7:25 am

So do you say that a lvl 300 warrior will own a lvl 300 assassin?
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

Assassinate (cap?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinate (cap?)   Assassinate (cap?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:52 am

Vellulvl wrote:
So do you say that a lvl 300 warrior will own a lvl 300 assassin?

If we're going by the standard game - then the Assassin would be suffering a -150% chance to assassinate. That means for the Assassin to have 100% chance to assassinate (cause 1000 damage) the Warrior, he would need 250 points invested into the Assassination skill. As most people stop as soon as they reach 100% chance, then they would be at -50% chance to assassinate a level 300 Hero. In other words, the Assassin wont be scoring any assassination blows against such Heroes unless they continuously spend their points into the Assassination skill, even going beyond the stated 100% chance mark.

Meanwhile, the level 300 Warrior would likely have more than 4,000 HP, meaning it would take 4 assassination blows to take him out but he could be dealing 1000 damage per hit back (50 points of Weaponmaster would give him 100% chance to score a critical hit upon each strike - dealing double damage plus any nasty side affects from what ever weapon he is carrying). Not only would this mean the Warrior is equivalent to an Assassin with 100% chance all the time, but being able to deal this damage against buildings as well as naturally being more durable than any Assassin.

The only thing the Warrior will miss out on is that +100 gold upon causing an Assassination, but runs the risk of "Hero crashing" (If any melee unit in the game inflicts more than 1024 damage in combat, then they become phased out of existence - the Hero is treated as being dead to the owner of him, but remains on the map, un-interactable and still counts as living for the purpose of stopping defeat.)
Back to top Go down
Vellulvl

Assassinate (cap?) Empty
PostSubject: .   Assassinate (cap?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Ty for your answer. Any chance players still playing nowadays this game? I have only not legal one but I might buy original one if there's community. I play only v1.02 cuz everything works there.
Back to top Go down
Vellulvl

Assassinate (cap?) Empty
PostSubject: Another cap question   Assassinate (cap?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 7:02 pm

This might be stupid but is there a cap of attacking speed by hero? I know dex has a cap on attack speed but if I have griffon cloak(10% IAS) and swiftblade(30% IAS) are they all stacks ?
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

Assassinate (cap?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinate (cap?)   Assassinate (cap?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:50 pm

There is indeed an overall limit that once reached can not be passed even with items. So once you notice that your Hero's attack speed wont increase any further with more dexterity, then all attack speed items become pretty much useless as they can't push the limit any further.

Quote :
I play only v1.02 cuz everything works there.

What specific problems are you referring to with that? 1.03 was the last official version which works better than the previous versions. The only exception was that the Good Old Games edition of this version had a broken number generator, which seems to have been fixed only yesterday! (How about that?)
Back to top Go down
Vellulvl

Assassinate (cap?) Empty
PostSubject: Community   Assassinate (cap?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Yes I used GoG v1.03 wbc3 but I downgraded to v1.02 cuz everything works in this edition. Only needed a v1.02 battlecrye.exe for it in win xp sp 3 compatibility mode to run it. Otherwise if you not use it in compatibilty mode all units go invisable lol Very Happy.

But anyway is there community for this game still? I wanna play against player if possible... computer AI is boring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Assassinate (cap?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinate (cap?)   Assassinate (cap?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assassinate (cap?)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Suggestions-
Jump to: