The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The state of the Battlefield forums

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

The state of the Battlefield forums Empty
PostSubject: The state of the Battlefield forums   The state of the Battlefield forums I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:56 am

It seems that every other week there seems to be some kind of problem with the Battlefield forums or large amounts of spam to to deleted. And then you have the whole problem with registering new users. All this is made worse by the fact that us, the commonly visiting members, can't actually sort out the more serious problems and have to wait for the admin to fix everything.

So, I think it's time to move on and find a better, more controlled forum to host our WBC3 modding - a forum with a nice WBC theme (especially one with images taken from the game, such as the awesome Minotaur and Orc artwork), one with an admin dedicated to the game and smileys like these Basketball bounce cherry 

Does anyone know of such a forum?

Back to top Go down
Vanilla Ice Cream
Squire
Squire
Vanilla Ice Cream

PostSubject: Re: The state of the Battlefield forums   The state of the Battlefield forums I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:37 am

Unfortunately I don't.

But I agree with you, we need another modding forum.
Today I tried to log in the battlefield, and it didn't work because of a database error...

Have you the same problem ?
Back to top Go down
Kharn
Earth Moulder
Earth Moulder
Kharn

PostSubject: Re: The state of the Battlefield forums   The state of the Battlefield forums I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 6:03 am

Yeah - the exact same problem.

Also:

Me wrote:
So, I think it's time to move on and find a better, more controlled forum to host our WBC3 modding - a forum with a nice WBC theme (especially one with images taken from the game, such as the awesome Minotaur and Orc artwork), one with an admin dedicated to the game and smileys like these Basketball bounce cherry 
This was a hint towards this forum, Patrick. sunny
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: The state of the Battlefield forums   The state of the Battlefield forums I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Thanks Captain Obvious, I owe you one.

I'm not entirely sure of the backup system this forum uses, nor of the level of security (I'm pretty sure if we upload NDA stuff someone else will get their hands on them as well). We could create a separate forum where we can hang out, but it would never be able to replace the battlefield. Also, I would need another moderator to help me out, in case the spambot army gets jealous of this forum's activity (I know espee has experience with these kinds of forums, but anyone should be able to learn rather easily how to operate here).

So, knowing these flaws, is anyone still interested in moving our modding discussions here?
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The state of the Battlefield forums   The state of the Battlefield forums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The state of the Battlefield forums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Off-topic-
Jump to: