The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harshit
Lord
Lord
Harshit

[FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs   [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 am

Game crashes a lot in skirmish random map.
probably related to blink since it mostly happens when a daemon race is on map.
also the "learned a new spell" bug is still present. it says that after every unit i kill. got corrected by itself in one instance and in other when i saved and reloaded the game.

the command radius circle made visible also causes lag and crash late in game. not to mention the whole screen becomes messy with artifacts. i have to keep it switched off... i would recommend to make it reveal circle of only the units in current selection. so that we have a level of control over it.

just discovered that wood elf interface has gone missing again, in both 800x600 and 1280x1024 resolutions.

and also recruting profeciency is not working. dont get any xp now.

NEW Bugs-
Arcane Spells are available without the skill present for that hero and at weird levels(1280etc). Those which have the skill still it has random high lvl values. if i cast even the lowest spell, the spell cooldown lasts for the rest of the battle.

building the mortar with dwarves causes grids to appear on whole screen.

in wood elf army selection screen before a game. there is a blank slot between wisp and forestguard.

help text- for knight lord still says it gives 2 morale when now it is 1. there might me other like this.

that ring of lichelord set is supposed to give 10 damage piercing. but doesnt.
Back to top Go down
Harshit
Lord
Lord
Harshit

PostSubject: Harpy lair   [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 8:42 pm

repeated crashes in "harpy food island" and "ghost lake" maps. Possibly due to Harpy lairs.
crashes after fixed intervals. doesnt matter which races are playing..
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs   [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:13 am

Harshit wrote:

just discovered that wood elf interface has gone missing again, in both 800x600 and 1280x1024 resolutions.

building the mortar with dwarves causes grids to appear on whole screen.

Fixed in 0.7.3
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Harshit
Lord
Lord
Harshit

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs   [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:37 am

when playing as dark dwarves game crashes if i try to build hall of golems.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs   [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Harshit wrote:

the command radius circle made visible also causes lag and crash late in game. not to mention the whole screen becomes messy with artifacts. i have to keep it switched off... i would recommend to make it reveal circle of only the units in current selection. so that we have a level of control over it.

that ring of lichelord set is supposed to give 10 damage piercing. but doesnt.
- fixed in 0.7.3. Radius's are now shown only for selected friendly units and toggle remains active even if no unit is selected.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs   [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Harshit wrote:

Arcane Spells are available without the skill present for that hero and at weird levels(1280etc). Those which have the skill still it has random high lvl values. if i cast even the lowest spell, the spell cooldown lasts for the rest of the battle.
- fixed in 0.7.3
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs   [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Harshit wrote:

and also recruting profeciency is not working. dont get any xp now.

in wood elf army selection screen before a game. there is a blank slot between wisp and forestguard.

help text- for knight lord still says it gives 2 morale when now it is 1. there might me other like this.
- all fixed in 0.7.3
Back to top Go down
Harshit
Lord
Lord
Harshit

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs   [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:57 pm

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
Harshit wrote:

- all fixed in 0.7.3

Similar to above-
Divination with the item which gives +6 divination. i get the 1st 6 spells at lvl1. 7th is greyed out. and the last 3 spells are available at high lvls. similar to arcane. But probably u got this along with it.

High elf army selection similar problem. i didnt check dark elves...

btw is there any chance that a wbc2 style conquest campaign to be enabled in the nxt big patch (0.8 ). Will make testing more fun. and u'll get lot of suggestions for balancing the races. saying that i'm actually not sure how much coding that requires. it cud just be basic for starter.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs   [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Harshit wrote:

Similar to above-
Divination with the item which gives +6 divination. i get the 1st 6 spells at lvl1. 7th is greyed out. and the last 3 spells are available at high lvls. similar to arcane. But probably u got this along with it.

High elf army selection similar problem. i didnt check dark elves...

btw is there any chance that a wbc2 style conquest campaign to be enabled in the nxt big patch (0.8 ). Will make testing more fun. and u'll get lot of suggestions for balancing the races. saying that i'm actually not sure how much coding that requires. it cud just be basic for starter.

All fixed in 0.7.3. I was not able to reproduce the crashes regarding Ghost Lake, Harpy Food Island or any other harpy lair maps. Building hall of golems works as expected and had no crashes in skirmish after hours and hours of playing with different races. There is no need for this topic to be opened anymore. Thank you for your feedback and if you spot any other bugs, please create a new topic. It is way easier to track bugs if each one is listed in a separate topic, rather than having all of them in one topic. It also enhances other bug reporters experience with the forum's search function and avoid a double report (such as this case with the arcane magic bug). Topic closed.

As for the wbc2 style campaign, I was thinking of trying something similar as there are some bits of code remaining, however that is going to be a huge implementation and there is no way it will get scheduled on the next big release (version 0.Cool. It is something we are definitely looking into, but we do not know when or if it will be present in TPC.

Cheers,

Patrick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs   [FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] 0.72 Random Crashes and old Bugs
Page 1 of 1