The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Demonofthedeep
Knight
Knight
Demonofthedeep

Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug? Empty
PostSubject: Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug?   Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2021 2:41 am

As the title says, in the Conquest Campaign, every battle has the special condition that I am limited to Keep lvl 1, while the Ai can build everything just fine... My Question is: Is that the effect of a cursed item? None of the ones I have equipped have any indication that they are cursed though.... is this a bug then? Or am I missing something here? Question Question Question Question

Because as things are right now, it is extremely frustrating to try and play, only to get completely rofl-stomped by even the easiest of AIs....

Edit for clarification: I haven't made another character yet to see if that is a universal problem, or only for my current one.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug?   Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2021 3:21 am

Go to menu-> research Very Happy

CAMPAIGN KEEP LEVEL RESTRICTIONS

When playing any of the campaigns or chapters in TPC, your max keep level starts at just 1 and the rest need to be "unlocked" via researching them on the world map. This requires crowns to do and also takes time to complete. You'll need to do this for every faction of every race.

Crown cost: Crowns are a currency mostly associated with the campaign, but can be used and obtained in scenarios these days. (Buying / selling hero items, bribing / completing quests etc..) As you'll need crowns to pay for the researching of your max keep levels, newly created heroes won't be able to unlock them all right off the bat and so will first need to gather crowns either by playing skirmish games or finding them in the campaign.

You can also send your retinue members to search for crowns while you play through the campaign to speed things along. When on the world map, click the "menu" button and then "retinue tasks" to do this.

Research time: The time it takes to complete a keep level unlock is based on campaign days. Many actions when on the campaign map will count as a day (sometimes more!) and these will increment the research progress of your keep level. But at every location on the map, you can choose the "wait" action which can be used to simply wait out the research time by doing nothing.

Your hero's intelligence stat also influences the research time. The higher their intelligence, the faster the research will be completed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Demonofthedeep
Knight
Knight
Demonofthedeep

PostSubject: Re: Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug?   Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2021 3:52 am

Huh, that definitely wasn't a thing the last time i played The Protectors... (granted, that was over a year ago, and I quit due to -SOMETHING- breaking the game more and more every time I tried to play it. Still haven't figured out what caused the issues back then, but now it runs just fine).

I am glad I found 600 crowns during a skirmish match then XD I do hope that'll last a while...

Also, where does it explain in the campaign, that I have to research keep levels? I don't remember seeing a prompt explaining that? (I did make sure to read them all, to see what has been added since last I played)
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug?   Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 3:10 am

We've added a popup in version 0.9 by popular demand! (this is a frequently asked question)
Back to top Go down
Demonofthedeep
Knight
Knight
Demonofthedeep

PostSubject: Re: Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug?   Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 7:53 pm

Ah, okay. Yeah, that prompt would be quite helpful indeed.

On a different Topic, is there a reason that certain heroes start without any potions whatsoever in campaign? My Dark Dwarf Tinker has 0 Health and 0 Mana potions in campaign matches, but my Daemon Daemonologist has 4 Health and 0 Mana potions in campaign matches.... (haven't tried any other race/class combos to see if those get different amounts of potions yet...)
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug?   Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 9:40 pm

Potions in campaigns are limited. You can check your current supply in the item stash on the world map. Each campaign starts you with 4 potions of each type. You can buy more potions from the shops or send your retinue on this particular task.
Back to top Go down
Demonofthedeep
Knight
Knight
Demonofthedeep

PostSubject: Re: Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug?   Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 10:06 pm

OOOOoooooohhhhh..... okay. I am guessing the pop-up for that will also come with V0.9? (since I don't remember seeing anything mentioning this in the campaigns yet)

Oh, and one last topic change:
I remember reading, that between "the fifth horseman" and "The Hero of Etheria" the first one is, more up to date...
Yet when I try to start that one, all that happens, is that the screen goes black, and then nothing more happens (I waited for 15 minutes, just to be absolutely sure it wasn't just a long loading time).

Are there any tips I can use to maybe get that particular campaign to work? (I was feeling nostalgic, and wanted to play through that one again...)

And, since I seem to have forgotten to add this to my other posts: thank you very much for the answers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug?   Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 10:19 pm

Use this link: https://www.moddb.com/games/the-protectors/addons/the-5th-horseman-campaign-for-089b-wbc3-campaign

It reads: The full WBC3 campaign for TPC 0.8.9b. This was included in 0.8.9 but got renamed for 0.8.9a when it was updated. But the installer only adds the updated files for that campaign's directory, leaving things in a little bit of a mess. So here's the whole thing to correct everything.

As there seems to be a problem with The Fifth Horseman campaign that comes with 0.8.9, here's the full campaign updated for 0.8.9b. But please, please, please delete all saved game data that you might have for this campaign, found in My Documents / The Protectors / Saved Games. Just delete anything in there that has The Fifth Horseman in the file names. Note that this campaign is the Hero of Etheria campaign, but renamed. So you can delete that Hero of Etheria campaign from CustomCampaigns.

To install this, simply extract "The Fifth Horseman (WBC3)" folder from the zip folder and place it in The Protectors / CustomCampaigns folder - replacing anything that already exists in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug?   Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Every Campaign battle is restrictec to Keep lvl 1 for me, Is that a curse or a bug?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: