The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hero perks and others

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
archer05867
Knight
Knight
archer05867

Hero perks and others Empty
PostSubject: Hero perks and others   Hero perks and others I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 3:48 pm

Hello,

Fantastic job

Regarding my hero perks, they got deleted
Yes, i'm using 0.8.9b patch
Using Archmage Empire Diraqine hero

Secondly , in the campaign, there's a bug i've encountered while playing the Conquest campaign ( Magee's )
Regarding the research section, when selection race and faction, it only showed 'by yourself' in both areas, and it shows some research pics, but no info, or research time or cost;
and when i clicked research, the game crashes and exits
When i enter a battle in this particular campaign, the race and faction also shows 'by yourself' , and i can't choose anything else
There's nothing there
When i enter battle, i cannot build, there's no army limit for me ( i can endlessly summon for that ), and i have a racial ability ( quadruple experience for my units ) but it's always grey, i cannot use it
Other campaigns it remained fine

Regarding retinue tasks:
- I've tried to use the 'find units for retinue' command, it never brought me anything
- When i use 'find a companion' , it gives me someone from the area i'm in , not someone from the area i've sent my retinue into. For example, if i'm in Elenia ( which is Knight ), and sent someone to Enmouth ( which is Empire ), it always gets me a Knight unit.
- When i'm using 'find a companion' , it shows the race of the unit joining , but not the type or level. So when i'm replacing a companion unit with a new one, i can figure out the old units, but not the new joining one. So if it says a Minotaur is joining , it could be a Minotaur King , or a Minotaur brute.
- Also regarding 'find a companion' , it's a minor thing about factions, if i'm in a Diraqine Empire area, a Sage can join me, even though it's available in Empire race in general, but not the Diratine faction

Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Hero perks and others   Hero perks and others I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 6:26 pm

Perk deletion is a bug that got fixed in 0.9.

When you get "by yourself" it is because you are no longer allied with any race/faction. We've disabled research in this case to avoid the crash in 0.9. I would work on allying a race pronto, as going "by yourself" means just your hero and retinue with no building, which makes things really hard.

The first two retinue task observations were already handled in 0.9.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
archer05867
Knight
Knight
archer05867

PostSubject: How can i find the 0.9?   Hero perks and others I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 10:09 pm

I have 0.8.9b , i just started like a week ago. I thought i had the latest one
Back to top Go down
archer05867
Knight
Knight
archer05867

PostSubject: Trust me   Hero perks and others I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 10:28 pm

I went to the official site , that's provided in the installation folder
0.8.9b is the latest, and i have it; i checked , archons cost 4 army point, also the barbarian warlords, and even tried to reinstall ( perks where still gone )
Anyway
I know how to cause the bug
I just tried it
Make sure to backup your hero
Go to the first mission in the skirmish folder
It's called (Co-Mission) Alliance, make sure hero resurrection is turned on before you play it
Just resign as soon as you get in the game
And check your perks
And by the way, you can click on Hero resurrection in the keep, it will take the time and resources, but it won't resurrect your hero, it'll even increment the resources needed after it's done
It's a horrible map by the way
Because you have no hero, but there are two rampant AI , who have hero levels matching your hero, that will rush to your base
I tried it with my new hero, that i'm desperately trying to level up
Where i encountered another bug
I went to editor, and made a map with lots of crown chests
While playing it, i collected like 35,000 crowns in one go
I went to custom campaign, to the weapon master
I couldn't use my crowns, the total was -28,000 crowns (approximately )
Tried to engage in any fights inside the campaign
In game it was showing a positive value, like 35,000 crowns
Anyway, i tried to lose the crowns, but it was a heavy task
I remembered another bug, where you can bribe 25 crowns in a quest
So i started searching , I found the Spider Priestess quest, which asks you to convert 3 enemy building or so, i started bribing the quest building
You can bribe it as much as you want, and the quest won't be complete
I got frustrated after managing to get rid of 2500 crowns , figured it would take like 20 minutes
And the interesting thing is, when you're on negative crowns, you can hire mercenaries, and increase your negative value, which means you can hire infinite mercenaries
But that didn't help me with the weapon master thing, because i couldn't pay, as well as hiring the Archon for 150 crowns i think
Buying items from the market increases the negative value as well, and selling decreases it
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: Hero perks and others   Hero perks and others I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 8:43 am

Version 0.9 has not yet been released. I am happy to say we've also fixed the negative crown in the upcoming version. We will try to reproduce the rest. Thank you for your feedback.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hero perks and others   Hero perks and others I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hero perks and others
Page 1 of 1