The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

v0.8.9a+ Editor item list issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Svefnthorn
Squire
Squire
Svefnthorn

v0.8.9a+ Editor item list issue Empty
PostSubject: v0.8.9a+ Editor item list issue   v0.8.9a+ Editor item list issue I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 11:05 am

The v0.8.9a patch removes the full items list from the 'Misc' box in the editor previously present in the v0.8.9 FULL version.

Instead, it just lists '0' and 'random' as possible selections.

Checking it in the v0.8.9 FULL version before installation of the v0.8.9a patch lists all items properly.

Notes: I installed The Protectors into a folder in the the C:\ directory outside of Program Files, in order to avoid any potential permissions issues.

Steps:
1) Download and install The Protectors v0.8.9 FULL version from ModDB mirror.
Check the editor in-game. Notice that the Misc menu's chest item selection provides the entire list of items.

2) Download and install The Protectors v0.8.9a update from ModDB mirror.
Check the editor in-game. The Misc menu's chest item selection should now only provide '0' and 'random' as possible selections.

3) Downloading and installing the v0.8.9b update does nothing to rectify this. It would seem the issue starts with v0.8.9a's installation.
Check the editor one more time. Notice that this issue persists even after installing v0.8.9b.

P.S. Thank you very much for adding item selection into the editor! It makes it **a lot** easier to figure out which builds work best for my Fey and Wood Elf heroes. It really helps for cutting down on grind!
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: v0.8.9a+ Editor item list issue   v0.8.9a+ Editor item list issue I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 12:37 am

People starting abusing that to get uber items in multiplayer to the point where it ruined every game and so we felt it was best to lock that feature out. It is intended, not a bug.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: v0.8.9a+ Editor item list issue   v0.8.9a+ Editor item list issue I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 1:11 am

There has been talk of a more comprehensive anti-abuse system like a password lock or an item count/quality check behind the scenes.

On the balancing front, items need a few modifications. The auto-spell-cast-on-attack mechanic can still be abused with high Dex/attack-speed heroes and more importantly, items can be brought into battle for free. Even handicapping doesn't work because although it gives worse-equipped players more ASP, that bonus is finite whereas the bonus provided by items keeps on increasing (as in, units will die but the hero will regenerate and keep regaining the value derived from items). High ASP derived from handicapping also promotes rush strategies for worse-equipped heroes, which is another bad side-effect. Items definitely need to have some kind of cost to be brought in. I am currently unsure as to what this cost or limitation may entail.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v0.8.9a+ Editor item list issue   v0.8.9a+ Editor item list issue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

v0.8.9a+ Editor item list issue
Page 1 of 1