The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fey Need a little magic touch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sproote
Knight
Knight
Sproote

The Fey Need a little magic touch Empty
PostSubject: The Fey Need a little magic touch   The Fey Need a little magic touch I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi. My favorite race is the fey and I feel as if I'm alone in this. They seem to get harder to play as the updates come. To me the high elves were blessed by the gods with the new mini dragon and I would love to see the race get a new unit like this. I hope you will bless them in future updates as it breaks my heart to play high elves all the time now. There is a lot of emphasis now on the trickster element and I would be so happy to see the fairy side emerge. Thanks again for all your hard work. I do love the game and am so grateful.
Back to top Go down
Gatts
Prince
Prince
Gatts

PostSubject: Re: The Fey Need a little magic touch   The Fey Need a little magic touch I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 7:28 pm

Funny that Fey strike you with lack of 'magic touch'.
Because I did play Fey a lot with two different heroes, and I was actually overwhelmed by the 'magic touch'
Basically every building has it's own special spell or spells that have different effects on nearby units, and these can be combined, making even the weakest unit quite dangerous adversary.

And just because they were so magical, it started to wear me off during longer plays.

Despite I also first felt that the units of Fey were somehow tuned down in power, they true power is then secured soon after, when all the upgrades, hero skills and mentioned buildings spells on top of their natural high speed, they turn out be more deadly than huge dinosaurs or even resilient knights...

BTW, I found it quite rewarding to combine Fey with Geomancer (Runemaster), who with some investment into Runemagic can cover the obvious Fey weakness - defense, by casting Homeguard (Fey buildings can be surprisingly resistant, yet small, so you can literally build a wall out of them and each building turns then into a rock hurling tower...)

I actually miss the late game benefit from +100XP upgrades (these were cut in half and instead 9 upgrades, only 5 are now available... and XP is not more essential to the game than before)
Back to top Go down
Sproote
Knight
Knight
Sproote

PostSubject: Re: The Fey Need a little magic touch   The Fey Need a little magic touch I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 7:44 pm

Yes I do concede that point. The buildings did get a lot of oomph. They also lost resource production bonuses from the rainbow which I was sorry to see go even though I do understand because they have the builder unit to go in the mines.
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: The Fey Need a little magic touch   The Fey Need a little magic touch I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 12:10 am

The Fey are fine. You just need to know how to play them properly. One of their most important structures are Mirrorwood Trees, which provide income bonuses for nearby mines and combat bonuses for nearby units.

Close the topic whenever Pat.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: The Fey Need a little magic touch   The Fey Need a little magic touch I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 1:46 am

I only close bug reports.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sproote
Knight
Knight
Sproote

PostSubject: After reading other posts, I agree the Fey are fine.   The Fey Need a little magic touch I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 2:58 pm

I should have updated that a while ago. I saw some other posts on strategy and realized the mirrorwood trees boosted resource production. I did know this already but I didn't realize just how much the boost was. And the fact that the trees also grant the troops in their range the same boost troops receive in the hero's area of command is nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fey Need a little magic touch   The Fey Need a little magic touch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fey Need a little magic touch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Suggestions-
Jump to: