The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Expecting breaking changes?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DonToto
Squire
Squire
DonToto

Expecting breaking changes? Empty
PostSubject: Expecting breaking changes?   Expecting breaking changes? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 1:15 pm

Hi! I played a lot on an older version and at some point, a breaking change to heroes came out and using the latest version meant losing my progress so I kinda got stuck there. I know that there is probably no certain answer to this question. Do you have any plans to do breaking change for heroes in the future? I don't want the same thing to happen twice haha

Also, I know that points gained when levelling are decreased to 2 after level 15 I believe. Is there any other decrease at a higher level? Is there any way for players to change that?

Btw, great mod, congratulations!!

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: Expecting breaking changes?   Expecting breaking changes? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 12:20 am

I expect there will be large modifications to the hero system far into the future, but we will try to support old heroes.

Heroes receive less skill points at higher hero levels. 2 is the minimum amount that can be gained and there isn't a way to change this. I know it's not great, there have been many requests for a solid 5 skill points per level. The reason for the diminishing returns is to help prevent high level heroes from becoming too powerful and to decrease hero level differences in multiplayer. That's definitely not optimal though. Instead, the game needs a much better and more comprehensive handicapping function which is applied by default (and hence the function would become a standard part of the game). The current handicapping option doesn't work well because army setup points don't translate to hero level differences. Too much ASP allows lower level heroes to rush at game start and too few means that higher level heroes survive to regain all of their value. However, the army which was purchased at game start doesn't come back, so it's simply a matter of time as to when the lower level hero loses. There isn't an ASP value that works, and hence handicapping doesn't work well (and that's also the reason why it's a separate rule instead of a standard part of the game).
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
DonToto
Squire
Squire
DonToto

PostSubject: Re: Expecting breaking changes?   Expecting breaking changes? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 3:16 am

I see. In my case, I won't ever play multiplayer probably, but that makes sense for those cases. Would a percentage decrease of stats work as handicapping for MP? High-level heroes would still have some benefits from higher-level skills making levelling still valuable but it won't be as overwhelming and can be set up differently in each match without affecting the hero itself.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expecting breaking changes?   Expecting breaking changes? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expecting breaking changes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: