The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Converting mines?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lollipop
Squire
Squire
Lollipop

Converting mines? Empty
PostSubject: Converting mines?   Converting mines? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 6:20 am

I wont argue with the devs, cause it's their baby and hence their design decicion, but I'm genuinely curious: what is the reason for increasing the converting times for mines by such a huge amount?

It makes the very early game quite boring and then it's a zero-sum game: I convert your mines while you convert mine. The AI is obsessed with converting even the most remote tier-1 mine, so I either use mines to lure enemy heroes in a killing zone or simply trash them (which is much faster than converting).

So...what gives? Their must be a reason.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Converting mines? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Converting mines?   Converting mines? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 2:20 am

I think we just borrowed the conversion code from the unofficial patches without thinking about it. Optimally, the game should start with the hero venturing into the map rather than with them sitting in their base for 2 minutes doing nothing. Given that, starting mines should probably be owned by each respective player rather than them being neutral on game start. In future versions, the conversion system will be considerably better than it currently is (more like Dawn of War or Company of Heroes in style).
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Klenzer
Squire
Squire
Klenzer

Converting mines? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Converting mines?   Converting mines? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 11:14 am

Joe the Bartender wrote:
Given that, starting mines should probably be owned by each respective player rather than them being neutral on game start. In future versions, the conversion system will be considerably better than it currently is (more like Dawn of War or Company of Heroes in style).

I like the idea of the starting resources starting in the player control. I do agree that the start of each battle is a bit slow. Once the action starts, however, I feel like it's a good pace. This is me coming from competitive Starcraft II playing at Masters level.

Starcraft II actually had this problem at release. It was consistent 20+ min games and half of that was just economy building. They released a patch where instead of starting with 6 workers each player started with 12. The transition from early game to mid game is seamless for this reason and a lot better to watch.

Something to consider. You guys are doing a great job with the mod, keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Converting mines? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Converting mines?   Converting mines? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Converting mines?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: