The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MP Problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lollipop
Squire
Squire
Lollipop

MP Problems Empty
PostSubject: MP Problems   MP Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 9:34 am

We cant MP (we can in vanilla)

Basically, the joiner cant see the game, ever. I created 2 firewall rules, giving TPO unrestricted access, no dice. Tried local LAN and TCP/IP internet, same thing

I'm not an IT nerd, neither is my husband, soo...plz HELP!

Thanks!

Edit: halfway success, client sees game after host toggles ready. But then both games hang and wont even respond to Alt-F4
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

MP Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Problems   MP Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 2:42 am

This happened to me too and it didn't work until both host and client restarted the game.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Lollipop
Squire
Squire
Lollipop

MP Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Problems   MP Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 7:07 am

Thanks for the reply, we did restart, but no dice. The client jumps back to the 'selection method' dialog after ~20 sec. Oh well...

Rather unrelated, but can someone confirn 2 observations:

a) conversion speed is much slower than vanilla. I find the pace of the early game agonizing slow.

b) XP gain is much slower than vanilla, is it?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

MP Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Problems   MP Problems I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 2:13 am

Have you tried port-forwarding?
Intikhab wrote:
Port forward the following ports for TCP and UDP or UDP: 2300-2400, 47624 and 23975 for the computer that is going to be the host. If you can only port forward one port then port forward 23975.

Conversion might be slower. In the Protectors conversion takes 55 seconds + 10 seconds for each additional building beyond the first. In Warlords Battlecry 3, I think it's just 55 seconds?

Hero XP gain is definitely slower. It takes 20000XP just to get to level 17. Hero levels in the Protectors are far lower, so a level 20-30 hero is equivalent to a level 50 hero in the original game, but even when the two are compared the levelling up process is still much slower. I agree with what most people think: it's far too slow. At the moment, I'd suggest using Multiman heroes for Multiplayer, as they get 4 times the XP at the cost of being Multiplayer-only.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Sponsored content

MP Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Problems   MP Problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MP Problems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Protectors Forum :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: