The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Plaguelords - Blightlord, Venomancer or Defiler?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LibraExAnima
Knight
Knight
LibraExAnima

Plaguelords - Blightlord, Venomancer or Defiler? Empty
PostSubject: Plaguelords - Blightlord, Venomancer or Defiler?   Plaguelords - Blightlord, Venomancer or Defiler? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 10:51 pm

Hi there,

I wanted to try the Plaguelords once with a thematic class for them, however I can't decide which of the three classes would fit them best. Well actually, I guess Venomancer is more of a Ssrathi/Dark Elves-thing, but I reeeeally need help to decide which of these classes works best with them.

My problem is the fact that certain traits seem to be overly attractive, but are of course exclusive to their respective class.

What's your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

Plaguelords - Blightlord, Venomancer or Defiler? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plaguelords - Blightlord, Venomancer or Defiler?   Plaguelords - Blightlord, Venomancer or Defiler? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:33 am

I'd go with Defiler or Blightlord. Defiler has more powerful spells and can make units tankier, whereas Blightlord has more spells and can decrease enemy resistance as a passive, which is good both for your elemental units and for disease-inflicting units because the count-down rate of disease depends on resistance. Defilers can do the same thing via the Breakdown spell and they also have Contamination to quicken disease, so they can make disease count-down the fastest but only for Breakdown-affected units (Blightlords get Breakdown as well but don't need it as much when combined with Scourge). I don't think there's really that much difference in what the two classes do. Both are vulnerable to the same thing: units which are immune to disease/poison. Contagion magic does a bit better in this regard because it has a spell which damages diseased units and buildings, though it's likely not going to be enough against immune units. I would probably go with the Defiler so long as points can be invested into dexterity for the extra speed.
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender

Plaguelords - Blightlord, Venomancer or Defiler?
Page 1 of 1