The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] Bunch of bugs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marck97
Squire
Squire
Marck97

[FIXED] Bunch of bugs Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] Bunch of bugs   [FIXED] Bunch of bugs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Hello to everyone, I'm new of this forum.
Before I start, I want to apologize if my english isnt perfect and also want to greet the modders for their Great work on this mod!
Ok,let's begin:
1- In-game inventory is bugged: sometimes the shortcut of the inventory (I) and potions ( H and M) doesnt work.
Usualy they dont gave problems at the start of the game but they tends to bugs out after a while forcing u to click on the inventory icon to consume a potion (It happened to me when doin the original wbc3 original campaign)

2- If you save a game on the original campaign and load it thereafter, the scenario will end but the game will states the opposite.
I mean, u do a mission, u save , u load the previous saved game and when u end the mission, the mission on the map wont be completed, forcing u to play it again without saving (It Happens on non-replayable mission!!!!).
Also, sometimes, when ending a loaded mission, the original campaign will quit out loading you into another campaign ( the protector's campaign, the one in beta).

3- the inventory stash (the one with more pages)doesnt work properly when selling stuff on a shop in a campaign node (in the outside map):
U can sell on the shop only the items u have equipped, ur backpack and only the first page of the stashed items ( the shop wont show u the other 2 pages ).
Is it intentional or is a bug? cause everytime I have to move things from the other pages to my backpack and then back to the first page to sell ehm.

4- Issuing and attack command while pressing shift have a problem : u issue the attack comand and then , even if u press out the shift command, u are forced to use the attack command even if u change unit selection.
I will try to explain this better : I want to issue to my group to attack a location and then to just walk out after it, so I press shift and use the attack comand to this area and thereafter , while still pressing shift, I want to click to move out.
But , after pressing the attack command, I can only order more attacks commands ,even if I press out the shift and even if I use another unit.
Is this intentional? Because if it is so then is a bit annoying...

5- Small flying melee units that attacks ur keep from the lower part arent invicible: they cant be reached from a ground melee unit and cant be hit from a ranged unit.
This happened when I was playing as dark dwarf  in the campaign versus ssrathi.
Their small flying units were sent to attack my main Keep build and they attacked it from below ( so from the bottom of the building).
While doing so, my turret and my dark dwarf crossbow men couldnt it them because the arrows strucked in the building.
Even my hero ( was able to attack from ranged) and my bronze golem couldnt reach these units.
I was forced to wait until the building ended is life points and got destroyed.
[FIXED] Bunch of bugs Immagi10

Ok that is all, I hope that I was clear and understandable.
If u need more information I will tell you and will even try to replicate the bug if this happens again.
Cheers,
Marck
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Bunch of bugs   [FIXED] Bunch of bugs I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 7:47 pm

Thank you for the feedback. Most of these bugs are vanilla so I'm glad someone wrote them down.

1. The game makes distinctions between shortcut key H (select hero) and h (drink healing potion). Make sure you don't have capslock activated when trying to drink a healing potion. Same with mana potions.
2. There were even more bugs with that, but it is now FIXED in 0.8.9b.
3. At the moment, you can only sell from stash page nr 1. A text is displayed in your item's stash stating this. Perhaps in the future we will implement a better UI to allow selection of page in the sell screen.
4. I hate it too and it's there since vanilla. We'll try and fix it. Basically, the cursor remains on attack after issuing a shift-attack.
5. Flying units can stay over a building and so become unreachable by melee units. Although annoying, i think it is intended as a game mechanic (fliers cannot be reached by melee units in some places such as cliffs and mountains too). Ranged units will fix the problem though, provided they have enough combat to aim correctly (flying units are harder to hit by missiles).
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Marck97
Squire
Squire
Marck97

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Bunch of bugs   [FIXED] Bunch of bugs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 10:07 pm

Thanks for the fast reply Patrick!
1- yes I noticed that I,M and H doesnt work when the capslock are enabled! You definitely saved my future days sir! really tnx!
2-Glad to hear this one too , I am definitely lookin forward to test the new version!
3- Nice to know this too , I noticed the little text displayed on the shop just after writing this post.
4- I'm happy also to hear this one , I hope that this bug isnt hard to fix at all!
5- Now I got this too, I checked and this "bug" happened again but the flying units were hit after a while ( a lot of archers were attacking these).

Really tnx for the work you are doing in this game, you are truly the best!!!
Wish you the best,
Marck
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Bunch of bugs   [FIXED] Bunch of bugs I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 11:29 pm

1. Not a bug, any user can edit keymap.txt to their liking.
2. Fixed in 0.8.9b
3. Fixed in 0.8.9b
4. Fixed in 0.8.9b
5. Not a bug.

Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Bunch of bugs   [FIXED] Bunch of bugs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Bunch of bugs