The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Harshit
Lord
Lord
Harshit

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:40 am

Some suggestions i'd like to make-

1> Hero leveling up was way more fun in wbc2, than wbc3. You've done a lot to correct it. One more reason was in wbc3 not much changed per lvl, to notice a difference while playing.
Having only 1 ap per lvl does the same thing. For now atleast we should have 2 per lvl. so it balances with what system we had in wbc3. and when you get the Perks tab working we can increase it to 3. the perks costing from 3 to 5 pts.

2> About race balancing- the unit stats have been standardised to balance. but i think it takes away the feel of the variety of races. the hero creation screen says the fey race is fast but weak. but when you play its the opposite- they are stronger and slower than their previous selves. So much that a lot of researches dont matter much now. the skill which gave 5 more damage to spriggans or pixies was very needed before, but now can be easily ignored. eg fey units need to have lesser hp(half) but more speed(for their hit and run tactic) and pixie and spriggan need faster attack speed. Zephyr skill needs to give a bonus to attack to speed as well.
To make things easier we can start from units stats from 1.03.21(best for multiplayer yet), adjust a little for the units now not available. and then do the rest of the twealing only in unit cost and food requirement.

3> New Feature request- Keep leveling up gives units. i dont know if it can be implemented but it would be nice addition. Since many races have some of their key units removed. Succubus, Leprechaun, knight lord(*), doom knight have other uses. and if eg. a player gets 1 or 2 per keep on lvling up, he'll still have access to them and will protect them to last through the game for their special abiity.
eg undead - 1 wight on building lvl 1 keep, 1 slayer knight on upgrading to lvl 2, lvl3- 1 doom knight, lvl4- 1 doom knight nd 1 slayer knight, lvl 5- 2 doom knight
I think they could appear beside the building same as units appear aorund shrines on completing quests.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:08 am

Harshit wrote:

1> Hero leveling up was way more fun in wbc2, than wbc3. You've done a lot to correct it. One more reason was in wbc3 not much changed per lvl, to notice a difference while playing.
Having only 1 ap per lvl does the same thing. For now atleast we should have 2 per lvl. so it balances with what system we had in wbc3. and when you get the Perks tab working we can increase it to 3. the perks costing from 3 to 5 pts.

2> About race balancing- the unit stats have been standardised to balance. but i think it takes away the feel of the variety of races. the hero creation screen says the fey race is fast but weak. but when you play its the opposite- they are stronger and slower than their previous selves. So much that a lot of researches dont matter much now. the skill which gave 5 more damage to spriggans or pixies was very needed before, but now can be easily ignored. eg fey units need to have lesser hp(half) but more speed(for their hit and run tactic) and pixie and spriggan need faster attack speed. Zephyr skill needs to give a bonus to attack to speed as well.
To make things easier we can start from units stats from 1.03.21(best for multiplayer yet), adjust a little for the units now not available. and then do the rest of the twealing only in unit cost and food requirement.

3> New Feature request- Keep leveling up gives units. i dont know if it can be implemented but it would be nice addition. Since many races have some of their key units removed. Succubus, Leprechaun, knight lord(*), doom knight have other uses. and if eg. a player gets 1 or 2 per keep on lvling up, he'll still have access to them and will protect them to last through the game for their special abiity.
eg undead - 1 wight on building lvl 1 keep, 1 slayer knight on upgrading to lvl 2, lvl3- 1 doom knight, lvl4- 1 doom knight nd 1 slayer knight, lvl 5- 2 doom knight
I think they could appear beside the building same as units appear aorund shrines on completing quests.

1 - changed in 0.7.2 You get 5 APs per level, Stats & Skills cost 1 AP, Perks 5AP and Spells 2 AP.

2 - Fey units have been tweaked in 0.7.2 to be quicker in movement but lower in hit points. We'll see if this has a beneficial effect through play-testing.

3 - An interesting idea, but how about those units being called generals, can be trained at the keep at any time, but can only control one at a time. Basically, the unit can be revived at keep if it is killed, but all his xp is lost - a sort of second in command guy to help your hero. You could also customize its name perhaps, or even choose the unit itself(in case there is a possibility, say doomknight or vampire) and/or its looks. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Harshit
Lord
Lord
Harshit

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:28 am

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:
Harshit wrote:

3 - An interesting idea, but how about those units being called generals, can be trained at the keep at any time, but can only control one at a time. Basically, the unit can be revived at keep if it is killed, but all his xp is lost - a sort of second in command guy to help your hero. You could also customize its name perhaps, or even choose the unit itself(in case there is a possibility, say doomknight or vampire) and/or  its looks. What do you guys think?

Leprechauns and succubus are not suitable to become generals. And limiting general to 1 wont be good, since banshee and vampire etc are also spellcasters. This idea is similar to the dummy hero concept in non hero games. we could have it so that when the hero dies for any side a unique general with double the normal stats becomes available and has larger converting radius than other generals. to take command of the army in the absence of the hero. and this one we could choose where there are options(doom knight/vampire). we dont need another unique unit while the hero is still alive.
Back to top Go down
zeto
Prince
Prince
zeto

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 1:27 am

Patrick_the_Winekiller wrote:

3 - An interesting idea, but how about those units being called generals, can be trained at the keep at any time, but can only control one at a time. Basically, the unit can be revived at keep if it is killed, but all his xp is lost - a sort of second in command guy to help your hero. You could also customize its name perhaps, or even choose the unit itself(in case there is a possibility, say doomknight or vampire) and/or  its looks. What do you guys think?

The first time I actually read this and it's still very interesting indeed. But there is a need to change "leftover" units status (to make them unique, not so strong as a titan). Give these generals a chance! And perhaps, link that idea with:
https://the-protectors.forumotion.com/t130-new-race-with-leftovers

EDIT: A bit derper now, prthaps I'm brainstorming with myself. That idea of bringing new generals, say, doom knights to the undead, could solve a couple of issues with a single strike: 1- when you reach level 2 deathkeep the pretty lady says "new buildings are available", but since you can't build wraiths it is a shamfull lie. So, giving to them a barrow, at level two, with researches, that allows creation of doomkights (as special general) may solve it. That way, you solve also the problem of weakness against flying units (unleess you change status of skulls, more cheap and more damage). The same for assassins or spider priestess: reformatory buildiing that allows his production as general. Ogre:don't need more buildings. Eye of flame: turns plague piles more usefull when you allow the creation of this unit here. kazhrim guards: another example of cool units that enters in your definition of generals. succubus: this could bring more diversity to the daemons in terms of units and buildings (summonig tower or other buildings necessary to create this general. it could be a problem also since your hero can summon her with RS). dryads with white trees and researches.

So, some races could have generals, but not all, that could be a cleaver unbalancement. In my view, this may be an alternative for a complete new Dark empire race or the exclusive use of this units on campaign, etc. Those generals also solve the problem with Knigth's Quest (sometimes it shows Ogres or Spider priestess for exemple). For all these reasons, I think you should give a try.
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/andr-naya/sets/the-protectors-original-so
Zetoo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Zetoo

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 6:11 pm

zeto wrote:

So, some races could have generals.

Joe's 0.8.4 version made this real!

EDIT: this threat is obsolete (oh yes!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions
Page 1 of 1