The Protectors Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss about The Protectors mod for Warlords Battlecry 3. Visit http://the-protectors.webs.com for more info.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Demonofthedeep
Knight
Knight
Demonofthedeep

[FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up Empty
PostSubject: [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up   [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 3:41 am

As the title says, I think I found a bug. Browsing through the forum hasn't turned up anything on this yet, so I decided to post myself.

What I have found is this: All of my heroes get less and less points to spend after leveling up. That in itself might just be a game mechanic to cap hero power on high lvls, but the timing and rate of it is so inconsistent, that i think it's a bug.

Usually, my heroes below lvl 10 get the full 5 points per lvl up, but after lvl 10 they randomly get less points per lvl up, sometimes 4, sometimes 3, and occasionally only 2. Some heroes continue to get 5 lvl points all the way to lvl 16, while others loose points as soon as lvl 11. I have lso noticed that all heroes beyond lvl 20 only ever get 2 points per lvl up. I tried two heroes with exact same race and class to check if it's only different between different race/class choices, but of them had the same issue of inconsistent lvl points (both were undead deathknight, one got full points until lvl 15, the other started losing points at lvl 13). I'm currently on version 0.8.8 of the game.

Hope that was helpful, I'm usually more of a silent lurker type.....
Back to top Go down
Intikhab
Lord
Lord
Intikhab

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up   [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 8:53 pm

In version 0.8.8 Leveling up system gives 5 points until level 10, then it gives 4 points until level 20 after 20 it is +3 points until level 30 then +2 until level 40, afterwards it is +1 points.

In version 0.8.9 it is going to be +5 points until level 10, +4 until level 20, +3 until level 30 and + 2 on-wards. Thus minimum points would be +2 afterwards. Unless you see discrepancy, as you mentioned can you verify it for 0.8.8 not following that scheme?
Back to top Go down
Demonofthedeep
Knight
Knight
Demonofthedeep

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up   [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 2:46 am

I made 5 more heroes, and can verify, that the point loss is random after lvl 10, and then goes straight to only 2 points per level after lvl 20.

E.G: My undead deathknight is lvl 23 now, and only gets 2 points per lvl up, while my Sraathi Venomancer gets 3 points per lvl up at lvl 17.... Meanwhile, my dark dwarf tinker gets 4-5 points per lvl up at lvl 14.

Hmm, I also forgot to mention that all my heroes are in bronzeman mode, so I don't know if that might be affecting this or not.
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up   [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 5:41 pm

Could it be that you are not spending all your APs of previous level ups? I have never encountered such a bug you are describing, in any version. Truth be told, I haven't played bronzeman that much, but it shouldn't matter.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Demonofthedeep
Knight
Knight
Demonofthedeep

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up   [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 8:23 pm

I'm definitely spending all my APs for every lvl. I can try making some normal mode heroes and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't it might be a bug with bronzeman mode? Either that, or getting multiple lvl ups at once (I usually have something like 7 lvl ups after the first match with a new bronzeman, and after that mostly around 2-3 lvl ups per fight)
Back to top Go down
Demonofthedeep
Knight
Knight
Demonofthedeep

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up   [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Okay, so I made a couple new Heroes in normal mode (took me a while to level most of them to lvl 20+) and they all seem to be getting the intended amount of AP. Looks like it really is an issue with Bronzeman mode.

On an unrelated sidenote: Are Mountain giants supposed to be so damn OP? Maybe a slower attack speed for them might be viable?
Back to top Go down
Joe the Bartender
Keeper of Balance
Keeper of Balance
Joe the Bartender

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up   [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 12:51 am

Does this bug still happen in 0.8.9?
Back to top Go down
http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Joe_the_Bartender
Patrick_the_Winekiller
Devourer of bugs
Devourer of bugs
Patrick_the_Winekiller

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up   [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 7:02 pm

Bug fixed. Topic closed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-protectors.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up   [FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Possible Bug: Inconsistent Hero points on lvl-up
Page 1 of 1